Doing Insanity barefoot

Options
I haven't got around to buying cross-trainers and my running shoes totally suck for Insanity (they're big for when they swell from long distance running). Anyway, I decided to try it barefoot last night. I do Insanity on the carpet. It wasn't half bad! I really liked doing the warm up barefoot but once it went into the suicide drills, it started burning my feet.

I know, it's not smart to do it barefoot, likely to twist an ankle, but I was sick of flopping around in my shoes.

What do you were when doing Insanity? I think I need to get around to getting cross trainers!

Replies

• SavitaD
    SavitaD Posts: 24
    Options
    I used cross trainers on the first day but I was making way too much noise with all the jumping around since I like to exercise in the upper level of my house, so I now use socks on carpet and my feet don't burn :) I feel like I move quicker without my shoes weighing me down but there is always that risk of injuring your ankle
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I prefer to workout with no shoes...obviously not possible for running and things, but I did P90X barefoot!!
  • nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it on a carpet & wear cross trainers - very light & airy ones so it feels like I'm not really wearing any :happy:
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    I wear vibram Sprint shoes for aerobics and my JM DVDs so I'm basically barefoot. If you want to be able to feel barefoot but still protect your foot they are great. I go jogging in the also.
  • bjnorvell
    bjnorvell Posts: 43
    Options
    I do Insanity barefoot on carpet :)
  • Jennd3098
    Jennd3098 Posts: 30
    Options
    I like my Vibrams
  • Laurenelle11
    Options
    likewise, me too!
  • CourtLiv
    CourtLiv Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I wore out a brand new carpet from doing Insanity with my cross trainers on...
  • bugzinc
    bugzinc Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    lol....i dont know how you do it!! Barefoot makes me go crazy....lol...but my wife does it barefoot too...(turbo fire that is)
  • redonkulousd
    redonkulousd Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yep, in socks. This will make your small stabilizer muscles very strong in your feet. Also the jumping exercises will blast your calves in a way that wearing shoes while doing it never will.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend does Insanity and on the days I do it with him because I'm up, home, and into it, I do it barefoot. We have hardwood, and I haven't had any problems.