My 120-2014 challenge

Options
I am looking for friends who would help and inspire me into getting through this challenge that I posed on myself. In the last 3 months, I've been psyching myself into thinking that 2014 will be my year, that it will be a makeover year for me and it will be a foundation to a better, future me. So far it had started okay. I decided to list down the stuff I need to do to achieve the "better" me and tried to think of ways on how to reach that goal.

Aaaand so far, these are the things on my list:

PHYSICAL
1. Lose fat
2. Have healthy skin
3. Have healthy hair
4. Have fair skin

SOCIAL/EMOTIONAL/PROFESSIONAL:

1. Minimal lates
2. More positive outlook in life
3. Set priorities straight
4. Continue learning and acquiring knowledge

SO, I started to work on the physical list first. And what better way to start it by actually losing some (lots of!) unneeded fat. Researches have proven that being overweight/obese has been one of the leading causes of co-morbidities acquired especially during old age. I have been to countless lectures and seminars stating that yes, being fat is bad, but it never seemed to cross my mind until now.

To be honest, I was actually okay with how I was. I was not really picky with clothes so I didn't have any problems when it came to attires, I was not really the sick type so I wasn't really a "suki" of clinics and doctors, I have a relatively jolly personality to make up for when I hear insults here and there.

Why did I come of with this anyway? If I didn't actually have a problem with how I was? Aside from my parents actually nagging me to lose some "weight", an unfortunate incident last Christmas made me evaluate my life. I am not going to go in-depth with the incident but the thing was, I went through a pseudo-depressive episode.

Instead of overeating (it was scathingly in time for Christmas!) and having suicidal thoughts, I decided to work on a better me. I researched about healthy food habits and revived my MyFitnessPal account. I looked for exercise videos and got into kickboxing, I downloaded funky exercise songs and read a lot of inspirational stuff.

Whenever my mind would venture into depressing thoughts, I exercised (which is why my mother was shocked when she found me doing kickboxing while everyone in my country was counting down to 2014 haha.) This continued on until I got discouraged, AGAIN. This is the main problem whenever I would do routines, I could never follow them religiously.

My mother is telling me that I was starting to lose some weight but I didn't see anything so I stopped doing it as a whole. Now, I realized that if I had continued that routine (I stopped 1st week of February! T^T) I might have lost a few pounds already. I am still 189lbs now, but that is already an improvement from the 195lbs I was in before Christmas. I was also thrilled when I was able to do sit ups now (up to 10!) compared to 0 from before. I also feel lighter now and is less tired whenever I do physical activities.

My goal would be to reach 120-130pounds at the end of this year, and I think, since this will be a long term goal, I need some friends to help me get through this. I don't want to just lose weight, I want to lose fat and build muscles. I am a physiotherapist and I want to do this to serve as an example to the patients I treat. I want to be a living example of what I preach, although I constantly need external forces to motivate me, I believe that I am still not a hopeless case. :(

Sighs.

I am also willing to inspire others in their goals! I can be a very good motivator to others (I wish I could also apply it to myself though) :D PLEASE BE MY FRIENDS! <33333

Lots of love,
Mei. xx

Replies