Better to weigh in once a day or once a week?

Options
Do you guys think its better to weigh in once a day or once a week?

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Once a week or you may go insane...LOL!
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    I prefer to weigh once a week, your body weight fluctuates daily based on a number of things, (water, sodium) etc, so the best thing to get a more accurate result would be to do it once a week :) But then again, that's just me ^^
    Cheers!
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    If you're someone who is deeply affected by the number on the scale then the more infrequently, the better. It will give you a chance to assess "real" loss.

If you're a micro-manager of your life and are aware of how your body composition changes regularly on a daily basis then weigh as often as you'd like.
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    Def once a week (of course, I'm terrible about even that) while you're losing, because weight can fluctuate so much day-to-day. Once I reach my goal (and overcome my fear of the scale) I want to weigh myself a little more often, maybe 3-4 times a week, just to make sure I'm staying on track.
  • Rigra74
    Rigra74 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    once a week for sure. It's usually best to do it on the same day every week at about the same time. I usually do my weigh in on Monday morning before breakfast.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Whatever you feel better about. I weigh once a week, but sometimes peek at the scale once or twice more during the week.
  • puppysue
    Options
    Me too!.....
  • jessimacar
    Options
    Since I'm just starting, I'm more comfortable to weigh everyday. I want to know and learn how water/sodium/extra calories/etc affects me day to day. Once I learn what effects my body in the best ways, I could imagine myself dropping down to once or twice a week. That's just me, but I want to learn how to do it properly first! :)
  • sweetgl
    sweetgl Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I feel like its probably better to weigh yourself once a week but I want to weigh myself everday because I'm scared of getting off track easily. I dont want want to have to get on the scale a week later and found out i gained or stayed the same rather than have lost. Yet at the same time i know its not good to weigh yourself everday because retaining water and having high sodium levels can effect the true value of your weight. hmmm maybe every 3 days is best ? lol smh who knows :)
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    If you're someone who is deeply affected by the number on the scale then the more infrequently, the better. It will give you a chance to assess "real" loss.

If you're a micro-manager of your life and are aware of how your body composition changes regularly on a daily basis then weigh as often as you'd like.

Definitely I am in the latter group! :laugh: I don't let the daily fluctuations bother me. Besides if you only get weighed once a week, how to you know that you aren't seeing a wild fluctuation on THAT day???:wink:
  • sexynurse
    Options
    Once a week is better, however I find myself weighing about twice a week, just wanting to make sure I am on track. But you should definately weigh in the mornings when you first wake up in your birthday suit to get your true weight. Good luck!
  • sweetgl
    sweetgl Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Definitely I am in the latter group! :laugh: I don't let the daily fluctuations bother me. Besides if you only get weighed once a week, how to you know that you aren't seeing a wild fluctuation on THAT day???:wink:

lol true true :)
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Even better is twice a month.
  • MonstersLuvSushi
    Options
    I need to do once a week. :/ I usually do twice a day, and I go crazy.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    once a week so you won't be too stressed
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week but I tend to step on the scale a few times thruout the week as well just to see how I am doing...
  • RainyDayProphet
    Options
    I actually weigh in daily. Yes it will fluctuate (due to food in your system and water weight), but it's not a big deal as long as you expect it. I feel weighing-in daily makes me more accountable.

:)

Best of luck to you!
  • pinksocks73
    Options
    Just for an experiement Sunday night, I weighed myself every 3 hours at work (I work 12 hr shifts). At 7pm, I weighed 220.1, at 10pm I weighed 225.6, at 2am I weighed 228.0 and at 5am, I weighed 227.9

Once a week for me. I was fretting over this 8 pound weight gain in 12 hours...
  • nygal87
    Options
    I need to do once a week. :/ I usually do twice a day, and I go crazy.

Yea I am guilty of this as well. i find myself weighing myself almost every morning since I'm still in the early weeks of my weight loss...it's been a little over 3 weeks. Only time I made myself crazy was being stupid and weighing myself during my time of the month. Not a good idea. I need to cut it down to once a week and stop being so obsessed with seeing my progress. I don't record my weight every day though, I've been recording twice a week but trying to only weigh and record my weight once a week
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I weigh twice a day----AM and PM at the same time dressed exactly the same way and record the weight......I don't get depressed when my weight goes up or celebrate when it goes down.....the consistent weighing allows me to see the fluctuations and the trends....over time I notice my weight going down (or up during the terrible time when I went to too many restaurants:cry: )

It has worked for me......not everyone can do it this way.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: