binge eating

Options
hey,

so i quit smoking 4 years ago and replaced it with nicotine replacement for 3 years. I have now been off nicotine for a year. I injured my back lifting weights 3 months ago. so no training for me until I'm better. Anyway since i stopped nicotine i have an obsession with food. Im either overeating, undereating or just thinking about food all the time. Recently i have been thinking that i am better off smoking because sometimes ill eat until i feel sick for no good reason! i don't know what to do anymore I'm finding it so hard to deal with all this!

please help :(

Replies

• bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    You have replaced addictions its going to be a struggle, have you given thought to OA or a similar? to help you deal with the issues?
  • Jaminjo2
    Jaminjo2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have experienced all of the same habits as you have, except for the smoking part. It is crazy that we want to accomplish something so badly and yet it is the most difficult thing to overcome.

I found coming in here reading good things and advice helped me a lot. It didn't happen overnight either. I just kept coming in here regardless of the kind of day I had a read all kinds of post. Eventually I started to change my habits.

Another thing I do and I feel it's silly, but it does seem to help me focus, is that I bought a notebook with graph paper, It's not the regular lined notebook paper it's the kind for charting. For some reason I love writing & graphing my activity, feelings, and thoughts in those little squares. If you keep track of how you feel when you binge (and eat healthy) then reread it from time to time I think it sinks in better than "just knowing" what you do and feel.

Good luck to you. I sent a friend request.