What to do with PB2

Options
I have seen lots of people on here singing the praises of PB2 so I though I would check it out and have just ordered myself some.

Apart from sticking it on toast what else can I use it for? :)

Replies

• RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I use it in plain yogurt. Just put the PB2 powder straight into the yogurt and don't mix it with water.
  • origwvgirl
    origwvgirl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It's great mixed in with a chocolate protein powder shake. It's just like having a Reese's peanut butter cup! :)
  • kmoirecavender
    kmoirecavender Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I use it in smoothies, protein shakes, mixed in with oatmeal, and of course on stuff , like bread, celery, etc..
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Slice apples and dip them in the PB2 powder.
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Can you use PB2 in baking instead of peanut butter?
  • MarisaShickel
    MarisaShickel Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm a peanut butter addict (usually eating it straight out of the jar!) so I love PB2 because I can get the flavor without all the calories.

I use the powder in smoothies, to flavor plain greek yogurt, and oatmeal. There's a regular and chocolate version.

However, I don't like it mixed with water to actually make peanut butter. I eat an organic peanut butter instead. But that's just personal preference.

Not sure about baking. I don't see why if you mixed it with water to make peanut butter then used it in your recipe it wouldn't turn out fine. I wouldn't just use the powder though as I assume the recipe needs the moisture and consistency that peanut butter would provide.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I love the chocolate pb2 on bananas. Yum! I don't like the plain pb2 as peanut butter but it's great in a protein powder smoothie.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Usually I mix it into my pb&j smoothie (made with greek yogurt, milk, pb2, banana and strawberries), and on occasion I've used it in cooking. That has turned out well. I haven't baked with it yet, but there are lots of recipes floating around online, so it looks like people have had success with baking it.
  • lemur_lady
    Options
    Thanks guys :) Will definately try it in a protein shake when it arrives.

Maybe i'll experiment with baking with it and add some recipes on here :)
  • RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I also enjoy spreading it on plain rice cakes. This is especially good with the chocolate pb2.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I mix it in plain or vanilla Greek yogurt and dip apples in it...yum!!!
  • mscrystallee
    mscrystallee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It goes in my morning smoothie: Such as

Spinach
    Coconut Milk
    Strawberries
    Banana (Frozen)
    Pb2
    Maca Powder
    Chia Seeds
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I may or may not have added some on top of a brownies before putting them in to bake. They may or may not have been very tasty!
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've mixed it with oatmeal and Greek yogurt as suggested.

It is also amazing if you like overnight oats. I do 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup almond milk, 1 T PB2 and 1 T chia seeds. Then in the morning I add a banana. Or blueberries. Or raisins. Y'know, whatever.

I've been wondering if it would be good to make a Thai peanut sauce more peanut buttery...
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Updating my post. I just made a concoction in a blender, poured into a bowl and put it in the freezer. It tasted just like reeses pieces. I'm hoping it will be similar to ice cream when I pull it out of the freezer tonight for my evening snack.

2 tbsp pb2
    2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 banana
    3/4 cup skim milk
    1 tbsp of stevia (optional)
    3 ice cubes

200 or so calories depending on the size of your banana
  • lemur_lady
    Options
    Updating my post. I just made a concoction in a blender, poured into a bowl and put it in the freezer. It tasted just like reeses pieces. I'm hoping it will be similar to ice cream when I pull it out of the freezer tonight for my evening snack.

2 tbsp pb2
    2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 banana
    3/4 cup skim milk
    1 tbsp of stevia (optional)
    3 ice cubes

200 or so calories depending on the size of your banana

That sounds really tasty! Let us know how it turned out!
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I use the choc one in my porridge each morning but only 6g as that's enough for me.
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Charlottesometimes23 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Protein Balls
    I mix it with equal quantities protein powder, unsweetened cocoa and oatmeal, then add a little cinnamon and stevia. I add water until it's moist and roll teaspoonfuls in coconut for delicious protein balls.

Satay Sauce for Stirfry
    I add Kecap manis (sweet soy), coconut milk, chilli flakes and pb2 made up with water.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm an oddball but I do like it plain. It's not as good as real PB, mind you, but still pretty satisfying. It reminds me of the filling of peanut butter cups.

I also put it in oatmeal and that is excellent.
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Where did you order it? It's always out of stock at my local grocery store.