Injured

Options
Hi , Im a 47 yr old male with 2 disc bulges in back . Anyone have some ideas on how to get my heart rate up , basically not being able to stand ??

Replies

• shel0158
    shel0158 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you check out youtube they have some exercises that you sit down to do.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Your doctor is better suited to answer this question.
  • lionking47
    Options
    Awe great ! Thank you . I need all the ideas I can get !
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    With that condition, your doctor should be willing to send you to a physical therapist. While in PT, ask them about a home exercise plan. These exercises will not only provide exercise for you to be able to do, but will likely help your condition.
  • lionking47
    Options
    Your right , Im going to see him tomarrow and want to throw some ideas his way .
  • bhoelscher
    bhoelscher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    As it gets warmer, if you have access to a pool, you might be able to do so do some water aerobics or water running that would help. Maybe riding a stationary bike? But definitely ask your doctor and PT for ideas. Im in the same boat - I had knee surgery Tuesday. I'm chomping at the bit wanting to get up and moving, but can't really do that on crutches. Hopefully soon. Good luck!
  • lionking47
    Options
    The pool idea sounds great ! I see a surgen tomarrow , my 47th b day . I hurt it 3 weeks ago and am getting bigger by the second I feel .
    Thank you for the idea ,
    Heal Quick !