Another female heavy lifting NSV

Options

Replies

• Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I love this! You're looking great. Keep it up. Can't wait to see your results in a few months.
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. I hope to see results like this!
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    This is pure awesome! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

tumblr_m72bnrulwt1ra5qn3o1_400_zps56a61d20.gif
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    very cool!
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    This is just what I needed to hear! I'm doing heavy lifting and have "only" lost 9 lbs. in 8 weeks but I'm noticeably tighter and more toned. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • MissGamerGirl
    MissGamerGirl Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO MUCH everyone!

I'm ecstatic that this has helped some of you. It has helped me, too. Now I don't have to be so neurotic about wondering if I'm doing all the right things or not!
  • MissGamerGirl
    Options

This is hilarious! LOL
  • BurnBabyyyBurn
    Options
    YAY! You've joined the dark side ;D Great job!
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    well done!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Nice work. 5x5 is an excellent program to use.
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - AMAZING!!
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yes! STFU scale! Awesome progress :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • nenshali
    nenshali Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! Just motivates and inspires me even more to start weight lifting :drinker:
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • whiskeysister510
    whiskeysister510 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • MissGamerGirl
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! Just motivates and inspires me even more to start weight lifting :drinker:

You won't regret it!

I confess that it took me a long time to start. I had a friend for years telling me that the cardio I was doing will eventually fail me and that it could only get me so far with results. I didn't listen and defended my cardio to the death. Then I got on here and saw heavy lifting results and knew in my heart of hearts that only lifting would give me that kind of body and really take things to the next level.

Needless to say, 1) I feel like I've wasted a lot of time and 2) my friend is totally enjoying the "I told you so" benefits that were a long time coming. It's a great accomplishment to her, LOL.
  • shortnsweetbb
    Options
    A month ago, I started Stronglifts 5x5 and have never looked back. Best decision I have ever made for myself. I'll spare you the long story and details until my final "before & after" success story that I'll post a few months from now. :)

My clothes were fitting looser, and my friends were telling me that I looked slimmer. I didn't believe it until today when I was brave enough to drag out one of my "before" photos (THANK GOD I took them!) and compared myself from a photo taken today, side by side.

Take note of what the scale says. The scale is not saying that I look slimmer...but I do. The scale does not tell me that I have an abdominal wall forming, a lift in my butt, and an overall tight appearance. A couple of days ago I was considering scaling my calories back because I thought I wasn't progressing in fat loss.

No. I will keep my 2000 calorie intake and enjoy the ride. :) The scale can STFU.

10001520_750949078262638_2110078496_n.jpg

I soooo needed this today! I was feeling annoyed that I have "only" lost about 30 pounds in a year through cardio and some serious strength training. I needed a reality check to remind me that I'm stronger and leaner than I was when I lost 40 pounds 5 years ago. Thank you!!! :)
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Love this! I started stronglifts a week ago and hope to get great results like you are! Great job!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I almost peed my pants after I finally figured out what was going on!

This is hilarious! LOL
  • MissGamerGirl
    Options
    I also completely forgot to mention that I havn't done any cardio whatsoever so far except steady pace walking on the treadmill 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after lifting sessions. And I only lift 3 times a week.

However I am considering throwing in 20 minutes of HIIT running two days out of the week that I don't lift.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!