Weigh in???

Options
I was just wondering when everyone does their weigh in?? I weigh every day when I wake up, just because I tend to bounce up and down daily and want to keep track of it. What does everyone else do to keep track of their weight? Daily, every few days, weekly??

Replies

• christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I do mine daily because I use Trendweight to figure out my weight trend, since it bounces around so much during the week. I weigh in the morning, in the same amount of clothing, and with the same scale in the same spot.
  • coffencr
    coffencr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week , Sunday morning when I get up.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I get up, go to the bathroom, and then weigh myself without clothes.
  • Tdbrandon
    Tdbrandon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I get up, go to the bathroom, and then weigh myself without clothes.

Same here... I only count the Sunday weights for MFP though.
  • i weight myself once a week in the morning(:
  • susie3g
    susie3g Posts: 267
    Options

Same here... I only count the Sunday weights for MFP though.

Me, too. My "official" weigh day is on Mondays, though.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I try to only weigh on "Staturday", but sometimes I sneak a weigh in in an extra day.

I try to keep it to one day because if I see that I'm gaining weight instead of losing, I'll get discouraged.
  • taniabeth78
    taniabeth78 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a day, mostly cause I tend to be super sensitive to sodium, and more than a certain amount can cause me to gain quite a few lbs. That way I know and can limit my sodium intake for a few days so it goes down. fluid retention is no fun, and i feel a ton better when i dont have it.
  • jenlindsaymorgan
    Options
    I don't know why I have never thought about sodium being the reason my weight fluctuates so much! Sometimes the most obvious things never occur to me!! lol... I might experiment a little with sodium and see what happens. Thanks!!
  • DannyBoy863
    DannyBoy863 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week on a Thursday morning(just the day that I started). Otherwise, if I did it everyday, it would just give me one more thing to obsess about.
  • donut0420
    donut0420 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bd, I'm in the same boat. It's so discouraging when you see the numbers climb instead of fall...

I actually avoid the scale as much as possible. That's probably what got me into this mess in the first place! I just started with MFP, so I guess I'll have to check in a bit more often, but I still hate it!

I used to use the Wii Fit a lot though. Then I weighed in daily, right before (and after!) my exercise routine.
  • jenna762001
    jenna762001 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Weekly. Monday morning, in hopes that knowing it's coming I won't be such a glutton on the weekend. It definitely helps. Even weekly though it still fluctuates a lot. Regardless it teaches me more about my body and I see the losses in the long haul. I'd say once a month would be best for my body and goals (only 5-7 pounds I'd like to lose) since the weight loss is slowww. But I love my scale too much. Well, it's more of a love/ hate relationship but I'm addicted. ;)
  • Keevy333
    Keevy333 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I try to only weigh on "Staturday", but sometimes I sneak a weigh in in an extra day.

I try to keep it to one day because if I see that I'm gaining weight instead of losing, I'll get discouraged.

Same here!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    once a week on Tuesdays - weight fluctuates too much on a daily basis to worry about doing it daily.
  • Dwellis10
    Options
    I try to weigh in daily, when I first wake up for the same reasons you do. It is too confusing ( and often discouraging) to weigh any other time, because my weight can very several pounds, depending on how much liquid, etc, during any given day.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on Friday mornings, right before I step in the shower. It was psychological torture almost watching my weight bounce around so much when I was weighing every day. Down a pound felt great that day, up two pounds the next morning, obsessed all day, etc.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I hop on the scale whenever I'm curious. I only record a new low. I just like to keep an eye on it. I understand that it fluctuates daily, but I'm just curious. Besides, I'm no longer worried about my weight. I care about my bf% and how my clothes fit. I'd rather be 140 w/ 17%bf than 125 w/ 25%bf. :)
  • jackieg218
    jackieg218 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I weigh in each morning... Right after I wake up and use the restroom. I don't freak if it's a pound or two higher than the day before though... If it STAYS a pound or two higher for a few days then I really tend to open the diary and see where I went wrong. But it doesn't usually stay up there. That being said though... I think if I were still able to have my monthly cycle I would weigh less. I know that TOM can have a difference and I think it may play mind tricks on me... But those days are long gone... Thank goodness lol.
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily, usually in the afternoon - post workout. I only record once a week though or sometimes every two weeks on Thursdays. Knowing that my weight fluctuates up and down from day to day (like most people) does not have an affect on my psyche, people who let a slight increase affect their mood should not weigh in that often.
  • ronadams52
    ronadams52 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    If it helps any, they recently had a medical research report on our national news channel (NBC) stating that people should only weigh in once a week at the most (tape measurements are actually a better tracker anyway). The best days to weigh in are usually Wed/Thur. That is because the body has had a chance to exercise during the week and for many burn off the weekend's excess calories.