Recovering from Binge Eating Disorder--Pics

Options
I have been a binge eater since I was 11 and maybe even before. I am now 40. Nine months ago I finally accepted that I am a binge eater. I stopped dieting and began to love myself and believe in myself. I went from being a processed-food vegetarian to a whole-food vegan.

In that time I have completed cured myself of:
migraines
plantar fasciitis
head hair loss
severe acid reflux
IBS

Here are some before and after shots. It has been a long journey. The first picture is of me at the height of my food addiction and bingeing in 2007. I weighed 353. Today, I am down to 228.

ykpjl.png

Replies

• Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    You look great and I'm glad that you are feelin so healthy! Thank you for sharing :heart:
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You've lost ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-FIVE pounds!.
    Congratulations, all your hard work shows!:flowerforyou:
    You look wonderful in your 'after' shots.
  • smurlene
    smurlene Posts: 72
    Options
    Thanks so much!!! To have peace of mind around food is worth all of the effort I have put in.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!! You must be so proud of all you have accomplished. Keep up the hard work.

P.S. I am going to send you a FR because some of the things I suffer from are migraines, IBS, and severe acid reflux as well.
  • smurlene
    Options
    I will be glad to accept it!
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    *STANDS UP AND APPLAUDS*

All I can say is that YOU ARE AWESOME! I have a history similar to yours, and your post is inspiring! Kudos to you for taking control of your health and changing your life!

:smile: :drinker: :smile:
  • gbers
    gbers Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing strong, healthy lady! What an accomplishment and way to continue your healthy eating journey. Friend me if you like. I can totally understand where you are coming from.
    gbers :)
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You look fab! Literally every part of your body looks completely different. Keep up the amazing work!
  • kernja
    kernja Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic hun. I'm fighting right now to normalize my eating habits. I'm guessing the hardest part for you was the first couple weeks you started making the initial big changes (from vegetarian to veganism?) What kept you pushing onward?
  • nenshali
    nenshali Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Wow, absolutely amazing. Congratulations!! :)
  • smallstuff76
    smallstuff76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look great! Way to go! :)
  • smurlene
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the support.

The thing that kept me going was how I felt. To longer be obsessed with foods was amazing. I had struggled for so long. There was no way I was going to jeopardize that.