Need some advice

I am sitting at 170 lbs. Im 24 and 5'5. Im looking to lose about 30 lbs.
I purchased a fitbit in january to motivate me and to keep track of what im eating and my daily activities. Im a stay at home mom, its frustrating in the winter as we can go for walks as much etc. I can't really be too active with her with me as i have to be at her pace for everything that we do.

I eat pretty healthy. I dont drink any sodas or juices except for a cup of orange juice here and there for breakfast. I drink mostly water and thats it. I have good portion control but tend to snack alot but for the last 2 months i havent been eating anything junk food wise. I work out and dance everyday for at least 30 mins. I just dont feel like im losing the weight.

Does anyone have any suggestions. I use to have a gym membership but never have the time to go. So thats not really a option for me.

Replies

• AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Rent workout videos from the library or watch them on youtube (Zumba is fun!) Some people like Leslie Sansone Walking workouts (you step in place). Start by cutting back on your portion sizes & logging everything you eat. It will get easier if you are consistent & you'll start to see results.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    With 30 lb. to go, set your goal to 1 lb. per week and be patient.

Connect your Fitbit account at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30 Enable negative calorie adjustments: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings Do not log step-based activity (including dancing). Log non-step workouts in Fitbit. Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly in MFP. Weigh your food.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • I don't know if it will help you, but I got the WII Fit for an evening workout since I don't want to go to the gym twice a day. I use the step program and the balance games. I also play the tennis game. It may not sound like much of a workout, but I figure since every little bit helps, why not. You can also turn the sound off so it won't disturb the little one during nap time. As far as the snacking goes, I keep a bowl of cut up veggies in the fridge for snacking. The hardest thing for me was getting used to eating breakfast. I'm not a breakfast person, but I have found the weight coming off much quicker. Good luck to you. Hope this helped.
  • Thanks for the reply! I have the playstation move fitness game where theres custom workouts or you can make your own, i do that as well with just dance 2014. I have the wii fitness game too but ive been working out for over two months and the number on the scale has barely moved. I dont own a scale as i find it extremly discouraging. I want leaner legs and inches gone around my stomach.
  • 24lol25
    24lol25 Posts: 49
    Use smaller plates. It's supposed to give the illusion that you're eating more food than you actually are.
  • If you eat at a deficit, that's all you need to do to lose weight.

I don't know how old your child is, but I do know that if you follow a toddler, or even a crawling baby around for fifteen minutes and do everything they do you'll get the workout if your life! So go to the park (climb, jump, crawl, swing, etc.) or make an obstacle course in your house and just try copying them for ten minutes. Then slowly try to build it up to thirty. Kids love this too, because you are following their lead and noticing what they do.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,654 Member
    You don't say that you are eating at a calorie deficit. A lot of people think they are eating 'healthy' and not 'eating too much' but unless you are accurately weighing, measuring, and logging everything you eat, you don't know how many calories you are eating. And if you ARE accurately counting calories and not losing weight over time, then you aren't eating at a deficit.

Fitbits and HRM don't always give you an accurate count of how many calories you are actually burning. You have to go by actual experience many times.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Or, get an all-terrain stroller and take some time to go at your pace.

Everyone else's advice is bang-on. You can do it. You just have to eat at a caloric deficit no matter how much or how little activity you're doing.
  • I struggle losing weight! I'm trying the new 21 Day Fix that has containers to help with portion control. I'm still waiting to get mine in the mail, but can't wait to give it a try. I'm done counting points. :) I just need to learn portion control! Good luck! :)
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    If you're staying within your calorie limit, you will see results, just not as fast as you want to probably..

Use a tape measure and measure your waist and hips when you weight and try not to weigh anymore than once a week or once a month, that way, when you do weigh, you are more likely to see results.

And remember, weight loss is a slow process.

Also I tend to eat a little under what my fitbit says, if I eat back all he exercise calories it says I should, I won't lose.