Taking pictures!

Options
I really want to start taking pictures to document my weight loss, especially since I have so much to lose.
I am not bothered by the idea of taking a body pic every month and recording my weight/date on it, but I am for some reason really bothered by taking pictures of my face.

Am I the only one?
Do you guys think it's worth including a face pic in the long run?

Edit - I mean not a "at a perfect angle with a filter" face pic. Like, a "look I'm fat but won't be soon" one :P

Replies

• thatfitgeek
    thatfitgeek Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Personally, yes. Just to see how your face has gone from chubby to round (if yours is) to long and angular. But it's your choice:)!
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Personally, yes. Just to see how your face has gone from chubby to round (if yours is) to long and angular. But it's your choice:)!

Girl please you can tell my face is round ;P
  • Iknowsaur
    Options

Girl please you can tell my face is round ;P

Edit - that's one vote for face pics >>

Annnnnd ewps I double posted.
  • Cheri0830
    Cheri0830 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You look like you have a really cute pic.
  • Empty_Calories
    Empty_Calories Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Take the face pic.

You don't ever have to show it to anyone if you don't want to but you might find yourself happy to look at it once you've hit your goals.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I take a picture of my whole body from the front and side.
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Its a great idea i have a bunch of my face before and love seeing how its less round.
    Plus I see where. i need my next botox fill! :happy:
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    I personally find that the difference in my face is what I see first when losing weight. I find it motivating to look back at my fat head!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    There's something to be said for leaving your face out of a pic. Certain situations, like having BDD, can make taking pictures not an "objective lense." Taking from the neck down can help reduce the false perception because it no longer immediately looks like "you" (or at least, this is what my therapist and what other things I've read on the subject have suggested).

Otherwise, if you don't have self-perception issues like that, taking with your face could help chronicle any changes there.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    There's something to be said for leaving your face out of a pic. Certain situations, like having BDD, can make taking pictures not an "objective lense." Taking from the neck down can help reduce the false perception because it no longer immediately looks like "you" (or at least, this is what my therapist and what other things I've read on the subject have suggested).

Otherwise, if you don't have self-perception issues like that, taking with your face could help chronicle any changes there.

I think I'll take the face pic separate from my body pics :D
    That's probably the way to do it.
    Thanks <3
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    You look like you have a really cute pic.

Awww <3
    Thanks!
    It's pretty posed though, from valentines day.
    I was thinking of something more plain and "scientific" >>
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I saw big changes in my face/head/neck with weight loss, and I'm glad I took the photos.

Also, there's something about "owning" where you're at, wherever that is. I'm glad I lost the weight, and I'm proud of it, but I'm also not ashamed of myself in those older photos - it's just where I was at at the time, you know?

I don't want to look at photos of me holding my newborn daughter, when I was at my highest weight, and spend my time lamenting how *I* looked. So getting used to seeing my face, in photos, with that body, without trying to obscure my face. . . it helped. That was me.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    It's probably a good idea to take a picture of your face. Every single person I've seen who has lost a bunch of weight has lost it in their face. I have a rather thin face to begin with (as opposed to the tons of fat on my body), but I've noticed that my face does look different at 247 than it did at 294 (my highest ever weight). Take as many or as few progress pics as you want! There are no hard and fast rules :) I took a side and front before photo last month. I don't even like looking at it, bleh. I don't look the same as I feel. I feel absolutely normal because I've been my size for so long. But I look like a gross squishly blob in the picture. It makes me wonder if others see me the same. Hmmm.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I prefer video. With friends.
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I was looking through pics on my computer the other night and I stumbled across one in particular and was like, was that really me? I would never have shown anyone this pic back then but now I'm really glad I have it to compare to my pics now.
  • cassika1
    cassika1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If it's you worrying about posting pictures of face, you can use the camera app Cymera. It has a pixelate feature.