help!!!!!

Options
Okay, so I'm a CNA, certified nursing assistant. And I spend most of the time on my feet, walking around, and transferring people from their bed to their chair and vice versa. How can I add it to my exercises?

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Don't add it using the Exercise tab. Only dedicated workouts should be logged here. Instead, you account for your job using the activity level setting.
  • jeneferphillips89
    Options
    Don't add it using the Exercise tab. Only dedicated workouts should be logged here. Instead, you account for your job using the activity level setting.

This. It's a daily thing for you so it should be accounted for in activity level, not exercise
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    ^^^This.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • rsegien
    rsegien Posts: 3
    Options
    I mean...i work 4 on and 2 off....so i get that, but I don't know which activity level to use. The people I transfer change almost daily.
  • rsegien
    rsegien Posts: 3
    Options
    I mean...i work 4 on and 2 off....so i get that, but I don't know which activity level to use. The people I transfer change almost daily.
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Get a tracking device such as a FitBit. It counts your steps, miles,calories burned and syncs to MFP. I wear my ZIP everyday and I love it especially on weekends when I don't do my regular workouts. No matter what I'm doing such as running errands or staying home doing housework, everything I do is tracked and it adjusts my calories up or down depending on my activity
  • Spooky_Scully
    Spooky_Scully Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm an RN, so I understand what you mean! When I first started on MFP I had my activity level set as 'active' because we are always on our feet running, manual handling and transfers are quite strenuous and the adrenaline is always going! I have a HRM which I use track my workout calorie burns. Now that I'm getting closer to my goal and its getting harder and slower to see results I am planning to get a fit-bit so I can more accurately monitor my daily energy expenditure. Hope that helps!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I mean...i work 4 on and 2 off....so i get that, but I don't know which activity level to use.
    Weight loss takes a whole lot of trial & error to find what works for you. Set your activity level to active. In two weeks, reevaluate. If you haven't lost, you're lightly active.