Meal Replacement Drinks

What do you think the healthiest meal replacement drink is? I'm thinking of starting to use one and would like some thoughts on the best buy for the money and body.

Replies

• hmmm... i use primarily 2.. one that's vegetarian is called spiru-meal by GNC.. the other one is Lean 1! I like lean 1 better but it is higher in calories.

http://www.amazon.com/NUTRITION-53-Lean1-Performance-Chocolate/dp/B00506SBG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394406348&sr=8-1&keywords=lean+1

What I like about lean 1 is it has veggies in it but the taste is superb. Usually vegeterian powders have a grainy taste. I think Lean 1 is even better than SHakeology. Shakeology is overpriced and I think Lean 1 does the job. I add half of a banana and 2 tbsp of oat meal and it's a great breakfast replacement. Check out the reviews for yourself!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Well, there's always food.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    My own homemade smoothie ; ) I don't care for those canned things, sorry. If I'm going to have liquid for a meal, I want it to have plenty of fiber, protein and know exactly what went into it.
  • I just started Total lean shakes and I make them with coconut milk or almond milk. Then i add chia seeds for more fibre. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    MTS Macrolution. Beats them all with no fillers, low sugar, low carbs. $35 for 30 servings. Look up MTS Nutrition. Macrolution cannot be beat.
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    THe healthiest will always be something you make in your own kitchen that isn't full of preservatives or made from a powder concentrate.

That being said. Whyeeee? I seriously don't get it. If I only have so many calories in a day, i would rather eat them than drink them.

That's just me though.
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    I've just started taking one called Vita Diet. It's an Australian product so don't know if available overseas but it tastes great and only 165 calories per serve and it includes vitamins and minerals although they do recommend you take a supplement as well . It is the only meal replacement shake I have tried that actually tastes like a real milkshake and not artificially sweetened. I add extra protein and Vita Greens powder. I'm only taking one for breakfast as it's easier and saves time. Plus it keeps me full until lunch and satisfies my sweet tooth. I'm trying to break my bad habit of snacking constantly and hope this will help.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,144 Member
    guinness-3_2731631k.jpg
  • jaimewol
    jaimewol Posts: 2
    I think I healthiest one that I've come across is Vega, it takes some getting used to though. I find that drinks really don't hold me the way that a real meal does though.
  • postpunkmamma
    postpunkmamma Posts: 4 Member
    I use swanson whey protein powder, and almond milk, chia/flax/berries/whatever. It's not very expensive and high in protein, which is what I need to feel full. I'll also add some coconut oil for fat.