Best vegan protein shakes anyone?

Options
Does anyone know of a good vegan protein shake? I am currently taking Nutribiotics 70% vegan rice protein but the taste is horrible and 11g protein /tbsp of powder is just not enough. Doubling up only costs the bottle to go faster and it only has a small amount of servings to begin with.

Replies

• foodcart
    foodcart Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like PlantFusion in chocolate flavor (21g protein/scoop) and I also use hemp protein (unflavored; 15g protein/3tbsp).
  • lfernandez2008
    lfernandez2008 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein Mix, Vanilla flavor. I'm not vegan, but it just tastes so good - to me it tastes like cake batter, so it's an extra incentive to do strength training days knowing I'll be having a "treat" afterwards. Also, I like it for all the added benefits of the Chia seeds. And, at least for me, it really fills me up and I'm not hungry for a while after drinking it. I make it with 10oz of unsweetened almond milk (the package asks for 8oz, but I think it gets too thick with only 8oz), which results in about 170 cals per shake, 23g of protein, 4g of fat, 10g carbs, with 4g of that being fiber.
  • birdsongmelody
    Options
    Vega One is my protein powder of choice. I just use the 'natural' and mix it with fruit, almond milk and chia seeds.
  • thedinelligroup
    Options
    Hi when I am searching for a vegan protein shake, I like to do my due diligence and research the best one out there before I buy as there are so many claiming to be vegan shake. My best choice is; LSVibe Shake by Life Shotz. It has;

- 20 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber per serving to help keep you feeling full longer.
    - Allergen-free formula with no milk, soy, or gluten.
    - Proprietary greens blend is rich in nutrients to stave off cravings.
    - Patent pending Zychrome supports healthy insulin levels.

and so much more..

I hope that helps!!

PS: Great for diabetics!!
  • VFrosty3
    VFrosty3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've just ordered the vegan blend from My Protein - http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/vegan-blend/10637445.html - it's £10 off at the mo.

I've tried soya based powders before, but wanted to try something different. I often get bloated and wind from the soya based ones. Which isn't what you want when you're trying to squat!

This one mixes pea, brown rice and hemp. I'll see how it goes, but it seems to have good reviews.
  • samspam1023
    samspam1023 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm new to protein shakes, but so far I really like the Vega One all-in-one shakes mixed with almond milk. They don't have quite as much protein as others (15g), but I like the vitamins and probiotics they have. I hate swallowing pills, so this is much easier for me. The vanilla chai flavor is tasty!
  • nicholegerber
    Options
    I also recommend VEGA. Vanilla chai is my favorite.
  • sue_langley
    sue_langley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    vega sport in chocolate from Vitacost.com
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    SunWarrior Warrior Blend, Natural
  • devinbear
    devinbear Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use genisoy natural. It has 25 grams of protein for 110 calories. It's vegan, and only about 12 dollars for 16 oz. It has no flavor so I recommend blending with fruit. Right now I blend mine with spinach, pineapple, mango and green tea. Delicious.