Need Revision over my Diet Plan

Options
Hi guys! I'm kinda new to this (8 day streak!) but I need some revision over my diet plan to see what you guys' thoughts are.
I'm 5'2 and 110 pounds. Before you say that I don't need to lose weight, keep in mind that I am the definition of "skinny fat." I'm generally skinny all around my body but I am pretty weak and my goal is to tone up and shed some pounds to make myself toned.
I tend to gain weight in my stomach and arms area. One would say that area is pretty small when looking at me, but I feel uncomfortable in my body when I look at those areas. My arms are just flab and have gained some weight and so has my stomach. Before trying to tone up I would eat as much as I want because my metabolism is pretty decent, but have recently noted some weight gain there.
I was already part of a gym and was going 3 times a week, but I didn't push myself hard enough.
Now, I try to go 3-4 times a week but push myself much more, losing about 400-600 calories every session through the treadmill, stairclimbers, etc. I also lift some dumbbells and do some arm exercises that I found on Pinterest, as well as doing some basic ab exercises.
As for my diet, I eat about 1300-1450 calories on the days where I do not exercise. When I do exercise, I eat 1200-1450 calories, and ultimately my "net calories" is around 600-1000. It obviously depends on the intensity of the workout but I feel like I am not feeding myself enough. I am not hungry though at all, and in no way am I trying to starve myself. I eat healthy, organic foods and cut down on the bad fats and sodas as well as usually drinking protein shakes after every workout.
Does this sound all good? Should I add/change anything to my diet? Thanks for all the help!

Replies

• Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    open your diary
  • stellajs
    stellajs Posts: 2
    Options
    Oops, sorry. Just did
  • kiwitechgirl
    kiwitechgirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Netting 600-1000 is going to cause you problems in the long run. I'm 5'3" and about 125 pounds and losing easily on 1410 cals a day eating most of my exercise calories back. I would say that if you're "skinny fat" then losing weight isn't going to help - forget the cardio, or cut it back, and concentrate on increasing muscle mass. This may increase your weight, but building muscle will get rid of the skinny fat and make you look better.