Insanity starting 12/6

Options
Hey everyone-

Anyone wants to join or wants to help support me, feel free too.
I am starting Insanity tomorrow!! Super excited, ready to get my butt kicked into shape!! I bought a pedometer to track my calories that I burn for each work out!!

:wink:

Replies

• mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    hey there, feel free to add me as a friend!
    i started insanity last monday, so tomorrow week 2 starts!
    best of luck, it's quite the workout!
  • mulligasam
    mulligasam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also started insanity last week. It's really tough. Add me as a friend & let's keep each other motivated!
    Week 2 starts tomorrow!!!!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    ok so I'm behind the curve, what's insanity?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone-

I am starting Insanity tomorrow!! Super excited, ready to get my butt kicked into shape!! I bought a pedometer to track my calories that I burn for each work out!!

Does your pedometer track your heart rate?
  • APetrigala
    Options
    Hey everyone-

Does your pedometer track your heart rate?

No it doesn't track my heart rate. It tracks miles, Km, and Cals.
  • APetrigala
    Options
    hey there, feel free to add me as a friend!
    i started insanity last monday, so tomorrow week 2 starts!
    best of luck, it's quite the workout!

I have done the workout before. It is a kick in the butt! But totally worth it!
  • penne356
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity. I'm just about to start my MAX training week. So scared!
  • ironweber717
    Options
    I've started it also. It's appropriately named. I was actually suprised I did as well as I did. Had trouble with some of the "ground work" because of a bad knee. Lets see who can get to the end.
  • Depplover28
    Options
    I think I saw an infomercial about this on T.V. once. It looks like a great workout, but it's so expensive!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I think I saw an infomercial about this on T.V. once. It looks like a great workout, but it's so expensive!

It offers a payment option.
    At age 40, being able to see my obliques is priceless.
  • bluejean1012
    bluejean1012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please add me as a friend. I have been working out and decided to throw in an Insanity workout into the mix last week and I am now motivated to try the entire thing again. I was going to start tonight after work. I am very curious as to how many calories they burn, but have been to cheap to by my own hr monitor with calorie setting. thank you and good luck to us!!!
  • amberroxtx
    Options
    how do you find out about insanity??? Is it a dvd and how do you get it?
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    I should get my Insanity package next week, will that be too late to join this group? Should I just start a new one? I'm really excited to get it, and if I start next Tuesday its exactly 50 days before my Hawaii vacation with the family. That should be enough time for some changes to take place:)
  • MarthaSM
    Options
    :bigsmile: I started Insanity on the 7th. My sister gave it to me, it gave her great results (she's got flat abs) and she didn't even watch what she ate; she just did the workouts for 2 months. I just got back from visiting family so (needless to say) I'm back on square one of my weight loss journey... I'm excited to start Insanity and hopefully make up for lost time :)
  • APetrigala
    Options
    I should get my Insanity package next week, will that be too late to join this group? Should I just start a new one? I'm really excited to get it, and if I start next Tuesday its exactly 50 days before my Hawaii vacation with the family. That should be enough time for some changes to take place:)

Join join!! We have all started on different days! I am on day 5!! I can already tell a difference. Totally worth being worn out at the end!
  • APetrigala
    Options
    how do you find out about insanity??? Is it a dvd and how do you get it?

My boyfriend found out about it before I did. Told me about it, saw the commercial for it. Then we bought it the next day. Here's the link:
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/extreme/insanity.do
    It is very intense, but worth it!
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    Hello all, I know I am late but.... I am starting day 1 today:) Wish me luck on the fit test.

I have 49 days before I go to Hawaii, therefore I may skip the weef of rest/recovery and take it during my vacation and/or skip my one day off a week. But then again, we'll see how EXHAUSTED this makes me...
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    25 minutes of my first fit test and 223 calories later. I feel good... Though is that calorie burn low?? I have a HRM so I know its at least as accurate as it can be.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    The calorie burn will differ from person to person and depending on how much intensity you put into it, etc...

When I did Insanity back in October-November, I averaged about 400 calories burned on the Fit Test and then around 600 for the month 1 workouts and 750 or so for month 2 workouts.

I also noticed that I burned more calories as time went on because I pushed myself harder and harder each time just to improve my burn from the last time I did said workout. :flowerforyou: