Quest bars. Am I the only one?

Options

Replies

• LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    You are not the only one. That said, I have specific flavors that I love. They really are the best bang for my buck that I've seen out there for protein bars. I also have a friend who's allergic to soy, and they are soy free. She was pleased that I had her try some.

I would never urge someone to try just one flavor. I haven't tried them in the microwave as yet because usually they are my grab and go before a workout and I just don't think about planning it enough to microwave before.

Are there better bars out there? Possibly. Is Quest for everyone? Probably not. I urge people to try them, try a few different flavors and even try the "tricks" of the trade like the microwaving of the bar. Personal favorite right now is the Cookies and Cream bar.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Yeah that double chocolate chunk one that everyone else loves tastes like fermented sweet n low to me. Gross. But, I love many of the others.

This except about the cookie dough which is what everyone seems to really rave about (havent tried the double chocolate chunk). Not like cookie dough at all to me. Edible but not great. Banana nut and berry were slightly better but also odd/not great. I liked the vanilla almond crunch quite a bit though. Tasted like warm pecan praline ice cream.

I'd like to try the white chocolate raspberry, but I'll definitely buy a single before I spring for a box after my experience with the cookie dough flavor.
  • Jenn_Lyn1102
    Jenn_Lyn1102 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Try Kind Bars, I eat one everyday, they are the best!!
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Like chewing on modelling clay. There are much more tasty options out there
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    What? Huh? Im eating a cookie dough one now, yum!!!!!
    They are worth the $2!!
    High pro high fiber c'mon
    Coconut cashew tastes great as well!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    that don't like them?

I just wasted 20$ :/

Nope, you aren't alone. Blech.

I prefer to make my own...............ingredient controlled in my own kitchen.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Yeah that double chocolate chunk one that everyone else loves tastes like fermented sweet n low to me. Gross. But, I love many of the others.

Me too!!! That one is my least favorite!
    I really like the cookies and cream, mixed berry, PB&J, Cookie dough and strawberry cheesecake. Mmmmmmmmm!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Try Kind Bars, I eat one everyday, they are the best!!

I LOVE the almond/apricot bars, but 4g of protein, that doesn't even compare.
  • redambition
    redambition Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I found somewhere in Australia that stocked them, so I ordered a few different flavoured ones to try.

I think they taste awful. Not a single flavour I've tried impressed me... in fact I struggled to finish most of them. I have one left to try today - Apple Pie. I also seem to be able to taste the salt in them - several of them have tasted salty to me (and in a chocolate flavoured bar that's just wrong.)

I think I'll stick to the energy bars I used to eat. Yes, they have sugar in them, but they actually taste chocolatey and I find them tasty. They do double duty as a protein hit and a treat for me.
  • 1healthyerin
    Options
    I wish I saw this before (this is the first "negative" review I've seen). I never ever see Quest Bars sold anywhere, but I have read so many things, in many different spots, about how good they are, even by people I am friends with. When I saw them today I snatched up a good many to have on stock. I was disappointed when I tried my first one (strawberry cheesecake). I almost felt betrayed by all the good things I heard. :) I guess I'll eat what I paid for and now I can know I don't like them. :bigsmile:
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Joining the nay-sayers. I bought an assortment to try out a bunch of flavors; nobody likes *everything*, after all. Well, I don't think I'll be buying any again after these are gone. First the weird, doughy texture. Just...no. Then the flavors. Well, they're a change, but it's not like I really think I'm eating lemon pie or anything.

And then the after-effects. Oh. My. Goodness. I'm used to fiber, or maybe it's some other ingredient, but eating a whole Quest bar leaves me, well, uh, *really* bloated. Like loosen-the-belt-and-unzip-the-pants bloated. And stay-away-from-other-people bloated.

I'll use the rest of what I've got (in little pieces), but I won't be "splurging" again.
  • Suzibluski
    Suzibluski Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like the ones I have tried. I also like them because they have 20g protein and 17g fiber.. no others out there that I have seen compare to this...
  • Rizabees
    Rizabees Posts: 80
    Options
    I got 4 different flavors at GNC a couple months back. I tried a small bit room temp, then microwaved to see which I liked better. I didn't like any of the flavors at all.

Oh well.
  • vvendy_darling
    Options
    yes, you are the only one! <3 em!
  • aimeegoudas
    aimeegoudas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can't get past the look of them. I eat clean and cannot get past the fact that it isn't a whole food...
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I actually really liked some of them.. but unfortunately they did not like me. Bloating galore!
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Are you eating them room temp? Try popping in the microwave for 15 seconds. They are much better heated up!

this this this this this this.

Chocolate chip cookie dough microwaved? It's like... warm... cookie dough. So good.
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Some Quest bars are GROSS. It takes trail and error to find one you like. I have a question, why did you spend so much money on something you had never tried? Some stores will give you a taste and a bar is like $1.85 each. I have a picky taste and would NEVER spend that much on something I had never tried!
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I can't get past the look of them. I eat clean and cannot get past the fact that it isn't a whole food...

seriously?

They have the best ingredient list of any protein bar out there.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    You are not the only one. I only bought a couple, so I only wasted $7 or so. :ohwell: