Walk It Off in 30 Days - Leslie Sansone DVD

Options
I'm about to start this program for the next 30 days. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday you follow the BURN 30 Program (walking workout for 30 mins). On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday is FIRM 30 (strength training).

This video has been out for a little while - Has anyone else done this? Did you do all 30 days (or did you get bored/frustrated)? What kind of results did you see - weight loss, break through a plateau, more toned?

I plan to take before and after photos - Wish me luck!

Replies

• rhondatime2chg
    rhondatime2chg Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Keep us posted.
  • Annwillbeslim
    Annwillbeslim Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have used Leslie Sansone DVD's to walk off weight......this time I have walked off 36 pounds with the walk away the pounds with weights.
  • BackInTheSaddle13
    BackInTheSaddle13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I used Leslie walking DVDs to help me lose 64 lbs. That and calorie counting. I like her newer stuff because I think she ups the challenge.

I have the 30 Day but I haven't started it yet. I've been doing Burn Body Fat.

I'd also be interested in seeing your results!

All the best!
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I've been using it somewhat.

I'm able to walk 2-3 days a week, depending on the weather. I alternate cardio days with the firm 30 workout, and use the fit 30 on a cardio day if I'm not able to walk outside.
  • kethra
    kethra Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I started my first 30 days on March 3rd (today is my first rest day - day 7).

The Firm 30 first time did a number on my legs with the squats but my fitness level isn't really that high currently, which is why I'm pushing through it.

I'm using it for weight loss and getting started on strength training. I will be ramping up what I do from here with longer Leslie Walks and perhaps something like 30 Day Shred and later p90x with my husband.

I've been walking with Leslie since February 10th of this year with various videos.

I haven't had a loss this week but it's also my TOM so I'm retaining a lot of water. After my leg soreness went away by Saturday, I'm able to keep pushing through each workout. I moved up to 8 lb weights for the Firm 30 and I use walking hand weights for the Burn 30.

This next week I'm going to be adding some extra cardio (either just walking at the gym or some light Leslie miles) on burn days just to keep my deficit up. I enjoy the cardio... sue me! I'll also be adding a walk on Sunday because I enjoy how it makes me feel. I like keeping up my step-count with Fitbit!
  • losingw8now
    losingw8now Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I bought this too - but haven't opened or tried it yet. This week I will be away a lot so unable to start it until maybe end of the month. I'll check back in withyou and see how it's going for you and what you think of it. Good luck!!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I've only done Leslie's Walk a few times. They're ok. I do tend to get bored with DVD's because of doing same workout over and over. I find so many workouts on YouTube, that I don't buy DVDs anymore.

Good luck!
  • linchambers0208
    linchambers0208 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am doing some of the Leslie Sansone walking dvd's for exercise. How do you track it??
  • ancurtis
    ancurtis Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love her videos. I get them on youtube and use them as my 'walk' on days I can't get outside due to weather or too dark. I haven't used the one you reference. I log them as I would a walk....the one I do the most is a 3 mile one in 45 minutes, so I log that as a 4 mile per hour walk. If I do one that uses weights for at least a mile of the walk I'll log it as low impact aerobics. Doing so seems to 'jive' with my HRM. Good luck to you!
  • handbagfan
    handbagfan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I also use her DVDs . I have watched on Youtube an she suggested to log as aerobics (low) Help this helps.:bigsmile:
  • tanisstewart7
    tanisstewart7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just bought this dvd today and I loved the faster pace and the music. When i logged it I did log it as low aerobics. It says it burned about 200 calories. Does that sound about right? Just starting MFP today and want to make sure I am logging everything correctly! This girl is ready to get this weight off!!