lost 65 pounds! with pics :)

Options
Noley87
Noley87 Posts: 26 Member
I started at 235 and now I am at 170. I would like to get to 150, but I feel stuck. I tried drastically cutting calories but I am still nursing my daughter and it destroyed me! I had no energy, my stomach hurt all the time, my hair was brittle and my nails wouldn't grow at all. So my doctor informed me that I am anemic and set me at a firm 2,000 calories until my daughter is no longer nursing. I watch what I eat and I even find it challenging to reach that amount (surprising!!). To make up for this I go to the gym four times a week. I do 30 minutes on the elliptical and typically burn 320 to 350 calories, then I do the treadmill for another 20 burning about 150 and then I do weight training for another half hour to forty minutes. On the days I don't go to the gym, I am fairly active (I am a single parent and I have a toddler....haha). Maybe I am not being patient enough, but I feel like I haven't seen the scale move in weeks.

Anyone have any suggestions?

wjo_zps7031baa6.jpg

Replies

• Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    I think you look perfect. you have got great curves:flowerforyou:
  • briskioh
    briskioh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look great! I started around 230, looking to get to 150, so I'm excited to see your progress!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Please open your food diary here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

And make it public that will help.

The cal counts - are they from the machines or from your own HRM?
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    170 is looking good. Have patience your little one will not nurse forever.
    Meanwhile check your measurements and they will often change when weight seems "stuck".
    Celebrate how far you have come
    and before long nursing will stop and weight can drop again.
  • Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Your calorie burns sound a little high.
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - AMAZING!!
  • Davelh1976
    Davelh1976 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    You're looking amazing! Sorry, can't really help out much, except to say that I have found that it takes longer than you'd like. At least, that is the way it is for me. Then again, I'm not known for being the world's most patient person, either! Keep doing what you are doing and I'm sure you will reach your goals!
  • Day58
    Day58 Posts: 113
    Options
    First off you look incredible! Just keep focusing in your inches and getting your health back until you are done nursing. In my opinion our body when nursing does some amazing things. You are doing so great and look awesome. Hang in there
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should consider just maintaining until you wean your baby. It's not a race. Your final goal can wait a bit and it's worth it to do this right, even if it takes a little longer.
  • dwm2112
    dwm2112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look great! Excellent progress! As others have said, be patient and kind to yourself. Keep living a healthy lifestyle, and further good results will come.
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    Be proud of your accomplishments. 65 lbs gone is huge. I might suggest that you stop focusing on the scale and focus on the No Scale Victories - how your clothes fit, measurements every three weeks, pictures, compliments, men or women checking you out. The scale can be a great tool but when you hit that wall, it seems to mock us.

Calories are tricky, not that I am an expert, but sometimes you have to break through by eating more, it's as if your body is tricking into thinking, "oh, more food, sweet, out with the old".

I wish you well. If you need some support, feel free to add me, my friends might say I can be inspiring at times ; ) but, truly, they inspire me everyday!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME! Congrats on your loss! Be patient and do more reading on the topics and make an informed decision about your next strategy for losing the last few pounds.
    great job!!
  • Noley87
    Noley87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! :) It feels really good to hear all of this. Sometimes after you lose a lot of weight, you almost forget how much you've changed. All you can think about is wanting to change more. But all of your comments are helping me appreciate how far I have come. :)
    I really like the "it isn't a race" comment. I think I was sort of racing to the end, but I think maybe I should simply focus on being healthy for my daughter, and not worry about the numbers for now.

THANK YOU GUYS :)
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great progress!

I'd say keep up extra exercise, take a deep breath and eat. It's going to to be ok. Your body might feel like there is a famine going on and is therefore holding on to extra fat "just in case." If you eat more - even every few days - it will be a cue to your body that there is food available and it is ok to keep losing.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You've lost about 1/4 of your body weight from the beginning.
    Your body needs to make adjustments in its metabolism,
    fluid balances, chemical processes. You are also making milk for your baby,
    and that takes energy, which your body will borrow from other systems
    if your calorie intake isn't sufficient for your exercise burn and nursing requirements..
    I recommend that you eat well, and enjoy your new size AND the intimacy with your child.
    Nursing really makes a huge difference for a child's intellect.
    Meanwhile you look great. Enjoy your new size!
    Use the tape measure, as mentioned above.
    You'll get through this little stoppage.

"Don't allow to Perfect to overshadow the Good"
  • Sharbear73
    Sharbear73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Strongandhealthy1234
    Options
    You look amazing.

What helped break the plateau for me at 145 was shocking the body with a different kind of exercise. Your body got used to the exercise you are doing. I began running hills, and did more interval speed running. The weight came off finally to 129 pounds. You need to somehow mix up your gym routine to shock your body a little bit. I hope this makes sense.
  • laleonadr
    laleonadr Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • BeyMe
    BeyMe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You have lost the amount I'm looking to lose!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!