Getting back into weight loss

Options
Hey,
So I've lost 10 lbs already and over the summer I was at 16lbs but unfortunately with school I went back up. I'm going for 20 lbs over all... Any tips on avoiding like binge snacking?? Sometimes I can literally go crazy with snacks. And it possible to lose 10 pounds over 5 weeks right... thats only 2 pounds a week?
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to eat full healthy meals to try to avoid endless snacking, and snack on high protein foods like Greek yogurt or nuts, instead of junk. I don't keep any junk snacks in the House at all, so I'm not tempted to eat them. But as far as an exact 2 lbs per week loss, I think you might want to shoot for maybe 1 lb per week and if you lose more, then it would be a bonus. Weight loss is not linear, so just cuz your calories are set to lose 2 per week, doesn't necessarily mean you'll lose exactly that.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    To avoid binging, I recommend eating a moderate calorie deficit and not denying yourself the foods that you love.
  • shelby929
    shelby929 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thats a good idea. And once I get rid of the snack foods I have now I'll stop buying them, that will definitely help me.
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    slow steady small changes will have the most longterm impact
  • Littlestandrews
    Littlestandrews Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I always leave myself about 200 calories for a night time snack but i NEVER have junk food in my house...so if I want that sugary 200 calorie snack (usually a Kit kat bar), I have to walk to the store (about a mile away) for it. It works for me because it forces me to take an extra walk during the day and if I don't want to walk, I don't get the snack. Double prizes;)
  • shelby929
    shelby929 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I definitely like the idea of walking to get a snack! That will be perfect for the warmer weather/summer.