Scale didn't change but my pants are looser?

I'm a guy trying to get down to 190 from 250 currently at 235 and since I lost 15 pounds the scale hasn't changed it still says I'm at 235 but my pants are looser. I don't know about my shirts as I've always work oversized shirts even when I used to be skinny my shirts where 3 times the size they should be. But am I losing weight even though the scale says I haven't?

Replies

• chandra2802
    chandra2802 Posts: 29 Member
    i have had that before.. where my scale doesnt really move for a few weeks.. but i loose inches. Your body is getting into shape. YOu are building muscle (not alot but alittle) and fat is being burned. So good chance you are not seeing a change in scales but maybe check measurements. I know for a bit i was getting mad cause the scale wasnt moving and wasnt loosing on my waist or hips.. then remembered to check my legs.. had lost 3inches off my thighs lol.. was so focused on my core that i forgot about my legs lol
  • mgracev4
    mgracev4 Posts: 18 Member
    Happened to me. A pound of fat takes more space than a pound of muscle, though they're the same weight. You're losing fat, but it's being replaced by muscle.

And if you're gaining muscle now [which burns even more fat], weight loss wouldn't be too far behind. Hang in there.
  • My take on this is that if the scale is not moving then no, you are obviously not losing weight. But if your pants are looser then obviously your body composition is changing. 1 pound of muscle takes up less space than 1 pound of fat, but they still weigh the same.

I know which one I would prefer.