fish recipes

Options
Anyone who has a good healthy recipes for fish plz give it to me I'm planning on going on a fish and vegetables diet!

Replies

• alison81az
    alison81az Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I make the below. It's really good, low cal and easy! I change up the seasonings a little to add in more that I like.

Fish in a Bag

Cook Time: 35 min
    Level: Intermediate
    Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients

4 fish fillets
    1 tsp. minced garlic
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    2 tbsp. salt
    1 tbsp. pepper
    1 lemon
    1 small red onion
    1 yellow squash
    1 Roma tomato
    1 zucchini
    2 sprigs fresh oregano
    1 sprigs fresh parsley
    1 cup white wine
    Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425° F.

2. Cut a piece of parchment paper 15” by 48” wide (you can also use heavy-duty foil). Fold paper in half and place on a baking sheet. Unfold paper and place fish on one side.

3. Brush both sides of fish with minced garlic and olive oil. Then season each side with salt and pepper.

4. Thinly slice lemon and vegetables and place on top of fish. Tuck a few pieces underneath.

5. Lay oregano and parsley on top.

6. Fold paper back in half and start to tightly roll sides to create a bag. Before sealing bag completely, pour white wine into it.

7. Bake for 25 minutes.

8. Serve in bag. When cutting to open, be careful of steam. Serves 4.
  • ghoufran89
    Options
    That sounds pretty good! I will try it Thanks for the recipe! :smile:
  • InFitRealm
    InFitRealm Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Some other recipe, this time for soup with shrimps. I find it delicious.

From the recipe you will have like 4 portions. Each:
    212 kcal
    16.6g protein
    12g fat
    191,1 mg cholesterol
    0.4 g fiber

Ingredients:
    about 400 g of shrimps (preferrably fresh)
    fresh cucumber
    2 spoons of olive oil
    1 litre of the fish or chicken bouillon
    3 egg yolks
    3 tbsp. of chopped fennel
    fine grinded pepper
    salt
    lemon juice
    optionally:
    1 spoon of butter
    1 spoon of flour

Preparation:
    First clean the shrimps. Remove their heads but don't throw it away! You'll use them. Remove their shells and intestines. You may keep their tails however it's perully decorative. It's much more convenient to eat the dish with shrimps without tails as it's soup. Of course rinse very carefully the body and heads of shrimps afterwards.
    If you use the frozen shrimps then put them into the colander and rinse with warm water untill they are defrosted.

Cooking:
    Remove the seeds of the cucumber. Grate it and leave for a second to strain. You may even press it on colander. You don't need this additional water. Then fry it using olive oils but only a little. Don't brown it.
    Pour the bouillon to the pot.
    optionally:
    If you want the soup to be thicker follow these steps:
    melt the butter on frying pen and add the flour. Fry it a little - don't brown it. Add little by little a couple of spoons of cold bouillon. Warm it up a little and stir it precisely. Otherwise you will end up with the flour lumps instead of thick soup. You pour this roux to the pot with the rest of bouillon. Stir it often and bring it to boil of course.
    Add the heads of shrimps. Bring it to boiling. Boil on very low flame for a couple of minutes. Season it with pepper, salt and lemon juice according to your taste.
    Remove the heads of shrimps.
    Add the body of shrimps.
    Add the cucumber.
    Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
    After that add whisked egg yolks and don't bring it boil! You don't want it to curdle.
    Add choped fennel.
    You may serve it with baguette.

Enjoy your meal!