Fitness Friends Wanted

Options
Hello, my name is Ashley and I am 19 years old. I am currently a senior in high school and I have struggled my weight since I was around 8 years old. I have tried all kinds of "yo-yo" diets and am done trying those. I am looking for a life-style change and I want to be healthy, not frail looking.

I have never been obese, but I know that if I don't change, I am on the fast track there. I currently weigh 195lbs and at 5'7 I am very unhappy and depressed with my body. My family doesn't care about their weight and eat whatever they want, so it's hard to be around them while trying to lose weight. My friends are generally thin, but they did not get there the healthy way. My goal weight is 135lbs and I am aiming to lose at least 2 lbs a week.

For the last month, I have been going to the gym for five times a week, doing about 90 minutes of cardio. I then do about 20 minutes of strength training twice a week. I have cut back on my food, trying to stay on the green side of my MFP calorie app, but since I work at a Wendy's restaurant it has been hard, and I have slipped. I usually do good all day, until dinner time.

I feel my body toning and do feel better about myself, but I am too scared to step on the scale. I think that if I find that I haven't lost any weight, I will feel discouraged and stop trying so hard. I will base my weight loss on how I feel and how my clothes fit.

Well, I need some motivators in my life so anyone can add me if you'd like. :) Thank you.

Replies

• shanstakellerz
    Options
  • shanstakellerz
    Options
    Hey, I'm Shane. I'm also a senior in highschool, I'm 18. I was obese as a child from 5 to about 17. In the past two years I've gone from 245 to 173 pounds. The last 30-40 pounds have been a bit hard to lose because initially my motivation was to get out of the friendzone with someone and along the way I found out she liked me more than just a friend way back when I was 245 so now she's my girlfriend of 1 year and she constantly encourages me but still insists that I'm perfect as is so I slip and eat a lot of crap and skip workouts, I'm not gaining I'm just not losing. I'm 5'8 and my first goal is 140 pounds before I start weightlifting to put on about 25 in muscle. I'd like to add you on here to keep eachother motivated and share dieting stuff we pick up along the way as soon as I figure out how to use this thing!
    Okay bye!:smile:
  • 14apfigley
    14apfigley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Shane, I accepted your request. And I know all about the awful "friend-zone" and I'm happy that it worked out for you! I'd love to talk about diet tips and keep each other motivated.
  • PokernuttAR
    PokernuttAR Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Shane, Congrats on the weight loss bro. I would suggest you start lifting weights now. Building muscle will help you burn fat faster and you'll have a better build when you go shirtless. I went from 240 to 182 by doing this. My goals are similar to yours but I don't care too much about what the scale says, I care how I look when I flex in the mirror. Lol. I'd be happy to help you, just message me.
  • cherrymei
    cherrymei Posts: 23
    Options
    Hello Ashley! We have the same life story haha! Just don't weigh in often, It would be better if you weigh in just once a month just for progress :)
    Thumbs up for trying to lose weight early in your life and through the healthy way! Fad diets just don't work, believe me!
  • rdchick
    rdchick Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm all old (25 :'() and in the UK, but if you guys will have me I'm about the same 197lbs and 5'7'' we can get through this together!