Hello all, new here :)

Options
My name is Kelly and I'm pretty excited to attempt this whole thing. I'm 25 and I'm ready to feel better about myself physically. The last time I lost weight, I was 13. I lost 20 pounds that time doing Weight Watchers. This time, I don't just want to lose weight, I want to get myself somewhat fit and in shape. I want to work out on the regular and eat healthier. I already started working out, but I feel like I'm doing a crappy job, which is why I came on here. I don't think I'm doing what I need too. Also, I hope the posts on here will help to motivate me :).
I'm apple shaped basically, and I feel like this is going to be tough for me. I seriously think my body might be 98% fat with the rest being muscle/water weight. My biggest downfall is stress eating junk food, but I know if I really try I can stop myself from eating it and that's what I plan on doing.
So here goes nothing!

Replies

• angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi there, nice to meet you!
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hello Kelly, nice to meet you!

:)
  • cherrymei
    cherrymei Posts: 23
    Options
    If there is a will, there will always be a way! :)
    Believe in yourself more than anything else.
    Since you've identified your biggest downfall, you can actually watch out for it every time. What I do now is slowly diminishing my junk food intake. If you're so into junk food, you can start by decreasing it gradually (like dividing a bag of Lays into 6 portions and commit to just eating one portion per day).
    And I don't know if it will work for you, but I always think that junk food are evil and putting them in my body is like treating my body as a dump site, so sometimes, I convince myself not to eat them, or eat just a little. :))
  • TayNLansNGraysDad
    TayNLansNGraysDad Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You've taken the right step forward! Best wishes to you!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • golfguy9
    golfguy9 Posts: 104
    Options
    welcome i just came back to mfp i lost 30 lbs last time have gained 9 back during the winter.. Anyone feel free to add me