Need some input please :)

Options
ok so i just came across some article that was saying its not good to have a night snack because the body will release insulin, which stops some growth hormone that helps our bodies heal.... so now we have a conflict...
anybody have any insight or articles?

Replies

• bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I don't have any articles or scientific evidence to support my opinion. I'll just say that I regularly eat my dinner later than 7pm and almost always have a snack or dessert around 10pm or later. It doesn't seem to have affected me negatively.

Also, I'm confused about why the body might digest and process a night snack differently than it would a day snack?
  • KickingButt
    KickingButt Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't have any articles or scientific evidence to support my opinion. I'll just say that I regularly eat my dinner later than 7pm and almost always have a snack or dessert around 10pm or later. It doesn't seem to have affected me negatively.

Also, I'm confused about why the body might digest and process a night snack differently than it would a day snack?

that's what I thought too, being that you are in your calorie range I didn't think it affected the body
    the article didn't make comments about getting fat if you eat at night it just said that your body cannot heal correctly because your body wont produce the hormones since it is too busy processing the food....?
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Yea i regularly eat late with no adverse affects but the best advice..try it for yourself and see how it effects you.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Just forget you ever read the article. It sounds like garbage. As far as I know, no study has ever shown any real issues with eating food late at night as long as you account for the calories.
  • Artglassguy
    Artglassguy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    my 2 cents~ there are going to be dissenting opinions, theories, for all facets of weight loss, healthy lifestyle, exercise, etc. the best way to ease your mind is to consult with your Dr.

personally, i do not think it matters that much.

after wasting a lot of time bouncing from one "sure thing" idea to the next i finally figured that it had to be simpler
    this is where i started learning how to figure the whole weight loss thing out.

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/

hope it helps

more to the point. The Myth Of Meal Timing Part 1: Eating Late At Night
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/how-many-meals-a-day-when-how-often-should-you-eat/
  • KickingButt
    KickingButt Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    thanks yall... stupid question ik, but I was very intrigued on if it was true or not.. im trying to gain some muscle weight and that telling me my late snack was ruining the growth was a little discouraging :p
    anywho.... thanks again guys!! :)