After some womanly advice please

Options
Hi I have been dieting for a few weeks and feel I have kept the hunger at bay but I am feeling it today as its That Time Of The Month and wonder if anyone has any ideas how to stop the cravings??? and I am afraid carrot sticks are not going to do it :smile:

Replies

• aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    High protein foods normally work for me at any time of the month including the dreaded time :)
  • madelynne2014
    Options
    I keep hersheys kisses on standby (not the healthiest way to go I'm sure). One is only 22 calories and usually 1 or 2 is all I need.
  • itsmedosia
    Options
    High protein foods normally work for me at any time of the month including the dreaded time :)

This :) But stay within your cal limit
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    Try to eat iron rich foods. The loss of iron during your cycle can trigger intence cravings.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

I agree with this. I do give in to cravings, but try to be smart about it. I could eat 3 Cadbury eggs and not be totally satisfied. So I will have an egg, string cheese, or some figs and nuts, and then if I still want it later that day I'll treat myself to one Cadbury egg.
  • silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    if you're in the UK, alpen light bars are less than 70 cals and you can get double choc, choc orange and choc fudge flavours. also i get things like penguins and 2 finger kit kats and eat them really slowly!
  • mrsgoochy
    mrsgoochy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I keep hersheys kisses on standby (not the healthiest way to go I'm sure). One is only 22 calories and usually 1 or 2 is all I need.

I usually keep 3muskateer minis on hand. They are only 25 calories for 1. I didn't realize kisses were only 22 :)
  • Nickih4619093
    Nickih4619093 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with fruit! It's satisfying, creamy and sweet :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Ditto protein and iron. Also cocoa powder is fairly high in iron, which is probably why we crave chocolate so much. I like making a banana smoothie with skim milk, protein powder and unsweetened cocoa powder.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Stack the protein throughout the day and if I still need something I'll have a small square (@10g) of 70% dark chocolate (or a s'more if I have 90 cals to kill)
  • freckles753
    Options
    Ah thanks everyone! I will try and eat little bits as I go not pig out x :smile:
  • clanmcfleming
    clanmcfleming Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Be prepared to gain a pound or so too! Some woman just retain more water etc due to hormonal changes. I'm no good at resisting choccy cravings. I might have to pinch some of the smoothie ideas posted!
  • LindaFromNH
    LindaFromNH Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    How about some laughing cow cheese stuffed in celery stalks, or some whole grain crackers and peanut butter.. If it's sweets your craving, how about Nature Valley Granola Thins... They have them in Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate. They are 80-90 calories, 4-4.5 grams fat, 10 carbs, 6 sugars and so delicious!
  • chemteacher1987
    chemteacher1987 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I eat what I normally do and also make sure I get in some ab workouts, as it helps with any cramping and such. I also have the chocolate in the house, but limit myself to a small piece if I feel I need it. Really, I don't change much.
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I usually crave dairy so I make sure to have non-fat milk, yogurt and cottage cheese on hand for those days also I found the boosting my protein intake helps with some of my crazy cravings for chips and salty everything.
    I found the dark chocolate cocoa roast almonds are amazing when I just need chocolate and I dont feel guilty enjoying a few of them.
  • jencroki
    jencroki Posts: 30
    Options
    You know the key to a healthier you is to eat everything in moderation (portion control), limiting yourself of the things you like for the sake of a diet is not going to help and most likely you will fall on the old habits. I never call it a diet more like better eating habits in where you can have your cheat meals and treats and is still ok :) they key is to eat the right stuff throughout the day. And for example if you're going to have some chocolates today then dont eat an extra carb (bread, pasta etc)

I understand your feeling I am going through the same right now...feeling bloated and grumpy I do gain water weight during these days too. And all I want to eat is sweets lol and I had some milk chocolate yogurt covered raisins (a handful) and had some fruit instead of going full bad and I think I did pretty good :)

Anyway in summary everything in moderation and remember the saying one bad meal wont make you fat and one salad won't make you skinny :) it takes time! Best of lucks and if you need anything feel free to write me!
  • hunniebunn
    hunniebunn Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I always tend to crave chocolate and bread/crackers especially. So I have found that a glass of chocolate milk or cracker-chips (like the pepperidge farm ones) completely satisfies me. Good luck <3
  • freckles753
    Options
    Got some natural yoghurt will have that with a little bit of honey plus have weight watchers hot chocolate that will help later, thanks for all your lovely ideas!
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Buy a small bar of chocolate instead of one of the big ones.

No matter what size it is, I am going to eat it all.