Plank Challenge

Options
so i`ve heard its quite good for core strength and can also help hips? (i have CHD) , so i was wondering if anyone has had any success doing it and/or noticed a difference , iv literally just started today lol , and i have to be honest i suck at doing planks , like i can only just manage 30secs normally if i`m lucky , but since the first few days are only 20secs i`m hoping i`ll build up stanima for it! lol

Replies

• HavtaLose
    HavtaLose Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    What is the Plank challenge?
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I just started doing pilates again and I can only hold a plank for like 10 seconds..lol...and forget about a side plank! I am going to keep doing them daily. A few of my friends on FB are doing that plank challenge. Last month it was the burpees challenge. Ugh!
  • kara1990
    kara1990 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    o god , deffo couldnt manage burpies! lol ,

i`m using the guide from this page to do it with , it also explains what it is for those who asked xx

http://whineywife-jn.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/30-day-plank-challengeday-1.html
  • kara1990
    Options
    http://whineywife-jn.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/30-day-plank-challengeday-1.html
    it explains it way better on this page then i ever could , also shows correct way to plank and times ect xx
  • jirocpa
    jirocpa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I know of a crossfit guy who held a standard plank for just over 6 minutes. i'd say it's good to build your core strength.
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I tried the 30 day plank challenge, I made it to the 60 second portion but could not progress to the 90 part. I am going to try to prep for it and try it again
  • kara1990
    Options
    i`v never tried the challenge before , i used to plank a lot when i was about 16 (i did kick boxing , it was park of our routine ect) but that was many moons ago now and iv had 2 kids since then , iv got very little upper body strength too :/ hope people will keep us updated on how they get on with it though if they do it! would be fun to see how we all do xx
  • kara1990
    Options
    only went and lost the app on my phone!! downloaded another and its included side planks :( which means im prettymuch deffo going to fall on my *kitten* lol , still no upper body strength to speak of! plus i have to start it all again to incorporate the side planks xx
  • GCAsMom
    GCAsMom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just finished it last month. I had to move to a slight incline after the two minute mark, but completed it from there. I did notice considerable tightening of my core, so I'm continuing them at two minutes every day with the goal of getting back on the floor.

I'm not really all that fit and on the last day, holding it for five minutes, when I was finished, I was sweating, shaking, and nearly passed out. LOL
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    The 30 day challenge works, I can barely hold a plank now for just over 5 minutes. One day at time right!
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread would be about Pirates.

Planks really hurt my forearms, any tips on that?
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I am currently half way through the 30-day plank challenge. There is a group doing it for March. When I started 30 seconds was a struggle. I've kept up so far and today was 2 minutes. I doubt I will be able to continue adding time at the pace of the challenge (tomorrow is 2.5 minutes) but I'm sure I will continue to progress beyond 2 minutes.

I think everyone in the challenge is at a new personal best.