Restarting!

Options
I've been an on and off member. There was a period of about 5 months where I didn't come online at all, and, understandably, lost some really supportive friends!

After getting on the scale yesterday to find out I was 16 lbs heavier than when I had initially started MFP, I decided (again) that it was time to take care of myself.

I had initially stopped thanks to shin splints, which then turned into... which turned into... The only other valid reason I had was pneumonia! But now that's cleared up and I have no more excuses. Time to get back on track.

I'd love for some new encouraging friends! I live on this site when I'm not making excuses (Which I'm done with!), so you can also count on me to cheer you on!

Replies

• Tpope66
    Tpope66 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me. My wife and I have been juicing sense December and we have both lost weight. We are currently working out to T-25 and starting to train for a few 5K's this year and a couple obstacle course runs. Hope to inspire anyone we can.
  • RCMPWannaBe
    RCMPWannaBe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Has juicing been working well for you? Any time I've tried liquid-based diets I've always been so hungry!
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm restarting today too! I think I'm right back to where I started :( Anyway, I could use a new friend, and I will be a supportive friend too.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting too. On my 3rd week back. In 2012, I lost 35 lbs and felt awesome! I then went on vacation, started a new job, and got heavy into school and let it slip. I only logged off and on last year. And when I weighed 3 weeks ago, I was within 10 lbs of my original starting weight :(

So, here I am, back on the horse! feel free to add me if you like!
  • kivyrn
    kivyrn Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! I am looking for more support too. I have a friend at work that is on here with me but I need more! I am trying to get this last 15 lbs of baby weigh off by May 2nd (one year birthday) and it is so hard!! I have 3 boys, and my little girl is the youngest, and my husband. You would think that I would be running this weight off but its the opposite! It seems like I want to eat with them and eat what they eat.
  • RCMPWannaBe
    Options
    I'm restarting too. On my 3rd week back. In 2012, I lost 35 lbs and felt awesome! I then went on vacation, started a new job, and got heavy into school and let it slip. I only logged off and on last year. And when I weighed 3 weeks ago, I was within 10 lbs of my original starting weight :(

So, here I am, back on the horse! feel free to add me if you like!

Congrats for getting back on the horse! I bet we'll do great!
  • RCMPWannaBe
    Options
    Hello! I am looking for more support too. I have a friend at work that is on here with me but I need more! I am trying to get this last 15 lbs of baby weigh off by May 2nd (one year birthday) and it is so hard!! I have 3 boys, and my little girl is the youngest, and my husband. You would think that I would be running this weight off but its the opposite! It seems like I want to eat with them and eat what they eat.

Plateaus are the worst! Can't wait to add you!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to ALL of you!!!!!

We're glad you're here. Glad to help in any way. We all slip. This time just reach to us, get picked up, dust yourself off and keep on going!!!!!

Nancy
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Request sent! :)

Anyone else can add me as well that is active and regularly will interact with their friends. I have a lot of friends, but not all of them are active or interact... about to do some purging!
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too.
    Like you, I have been an on and off member on here for the past year or two now.
    Im determined to get back into shape just in time for summer and to get my newly graduate life back in track!
    Il be here to cheer you on :)
    xo
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I never deleted you you were one of my first Mfp friends :). Glad to see you back though!
  • nyla2120
    nyla2120 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've had to restart many times myself, so I know how it is.
  • RCMPWannaBe
    Options
    I never deleted you you were one of my first Mfp friends :). Glad to see you back though!

You're the best! I really appreciate you sticking with me!