Weight Training or P90 X

Options
Hey everyone, I have been weight training for around 15 weeks and had to take last week off from an injury. I have been thinking about switching to p90X. Anyone had any success losing weight doing p90X? Also which program should I do lean or classic?

Replies

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I have been weight training for around 15 weeks and had to take last week off from an injury. I have been thinking about switching to p90X. Anyone had any success losing weight doing p90X? Also which program should I do lean or classic?

As long as your diet is in check, any regular exercise program will help you lose weight. People certainly have lost weight doing P90X.

You probably won't get significantly stronger doing P90X though, so if that's something that matters to you, then that could be a consideration...
  • elvis67
    elvis67 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    P90X does incorporate weight training, dumbbells or resistance bands and body weight. P90X would take a more holistic approach then what you might be currently doing with just weight training. With P90X you’ll be incorporating resistance training along with cardio and flexibility. You can lose weight, if you follow the plan (exercise and food). Also, don’t be confused by the word ‘lean”. In P90X vernacular lean doesn’t mean a routine focused on weight loss (i.e, getting lean), it means a routine that is not a strenuous as the classic routine.
  • Joedusto350
    Options
    I started P90x Classic again this year in Feb. (am on week 5 now) I think its a great program for overall fitness although very time consuming. I have dropped close to 10 lbs in 30 days, entering into 2nd phase..
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I started with P90X , lost 20 lbs doing two rounds of it. I do weight training now but I will always have a love for P90X because that's what got me started.