I want a cookie!!!

Options
... and I don't have the calories to have it :(

For some reason, I am just feeling extra hungry today... I had a huge lunch and I'm still hungry and it's not even 2pm in the afternoon and I have less than 600 left for the rest of the day... I am planning on doing some cardio this evening, but that will only burn about 200-250 calories.

Looking for some support and motivation here!! Please help......

Replies

• Jeffs_Jess
    Options
    If you want the cookie, then have it.
    Honestly, it's not going to ruin your progress or put you behind.
    Don't deprive yourself of the things you want. All things are fine in moderation. It's when we start restricting so much when it gets difficult. You won't feel as bad about it if you exercise tonight like you're planning to.
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Just have one. You wont gain weight from one cookie. Enjoy it :) Or if you are worried then just do a little extra cardio.
  • steelersfanpb
    Options
    You can't always torture yourself, however, you can't give in to urges so easily. I used to carry artificial sweetener with me "strange" and when I craved sugar, id just pour it in my mouth and the craving was gone. Weird, yes. But highly effective for a "fake" sugar fix.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    What they said ^^^^^
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I agree that I can't always deprive myself... however, I am back on MFP after a long break, and I think I do this every time. Because I am tring to be under a specific calorie level, I always end up giving in.... and then give up tracking on MFP.

This time I am determined and committed - however, it's tough....
  • timmemin
    timmemin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Have a trefoil or 2, they're only 32 cal.'s a piece so they wouldn't completely ruin your day. Moderation!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i had two cookies today. life goes on. skinny girls eat cookies too.
  • miche_smash
    miche_smash Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Eat the cookie! Or eat it later. I find that once I eat something sugary, I want more and more sugar. That's why I try to save my treats until the end of the day. Either way, one cookie will not derail your progress.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    If you want it, have it. Don't deprive yourself. A cookie won't destroy your hard work.
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    I agree that I can't always deprive myself... however, I am back on MFP after a long break, and I think I do this every time. Because I am tring to be under a specific calorie level, I always end up giving in.... and then give up tracking on MFP.

Here's what I would do, just to make sure my body is really screaming for the cookie (or other food can be inserted here)...Drink at least 16 ounces of water (2 glasses at 8 oz each), wait 20 minutes and if you're still craving that cookie, then have it. It will not derail you and honestly going a little over your calorie goal today won't ruin your week. This will help to keep you from binging and going off MFP completely. Just make sure if you give into the craving, that you log it. But drink the water first. This could be thirst masking as hunger, cravings usually are (not always, just usually).

Consistently being under the calorie goal isn't good and consistently being over isn't good but being under (100 calories or more) or being over (100 calories or more) every once in a while isn't going to hurt your weight loss journey.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Have a cookie. You'll still be eating at a deficit and sometimes we have to give in or we go nuts/throw in the towel. It's about that healthy balance.

I make healthy cookies from Skinnytaste.com (just mashed over ripe banana and oats with or without nuts/chocolate/etc. chips). I buy a lot of bananas, let them get overripe and make tons of them to freeze. Then I just take out a small baggie every few days for snacking. They are about 45 calories a cookie and taste a lot like banana bread. I know this probably doesn't help you right this second, but I love having them around. Hardly a day goes by I don't have 2. They help me feel like I'm not making sacrifices.
  • la_vie_est_belle_
    la_vie_est_belle_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I wanted a cookie so I ate one this morning. Sometimes its just better to have one so you don't go overboard on them.
  • megantischner
    megantischner Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Have you tried drinking water? Your problem might be that you're dehydrated, rather than hungry. Try that and wait a little bit -- and then if you still want that cookie, have *one.*
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    According to your diary you still have 575 calories available. That's gotta be a big cookie if it doesn't fit your diary :laugh:

Have it! You still have a lot of calories to go for today!
  • noor_v
    Options

Here's what I would do, just to make sure my body is really screaming for the cookie (or other food can be inserted here)...Drink at least 16 ounces of water (2 glasses at 8 oz each), wait 20 minutes and if you're still craving that cookie, then have it. It will not derail you and honestly going a little over your calorie goal today won't ruin your week. This will help to keep you from binging and going off MFP completely. Just make sure if you give into the craving, that you log it. But drink the water first. This could be thirst masking as hunger, cravings usually are (not always, just usually).

Thank you!! I was having some green tea and that's when I started craving the cookie..... I'll go have some water and hopefully the craving passes :)
  • noor_v
    Options
    According to your diary you still have 575 calories available. That's gotta be a big cookie if it doesn't fit your diary :laugh:

Well... I'm craving a jumbo cookie... that's atleast 350+ calories.... and then I also need to eat something for dinner.... :blushing: :blushing:
  • oakfield97
    oakfield97 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that your uncomfortableness with not having that cookie is just your body healing. Let yourself be uncomfortable once in awhile. It isn't that you CAN'T have the cookie, you are just CHOOSING not to at this time. Maybe tomorrow you'll have the cookie....not today :)
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    so eat one.....
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options

Well... I'm craving a jumbo cookie... that's atleast 350+ calories.... and then I also need to eat something for dinner.... :blushing: :blushing:

A big cookie indeed! Maybe have half of it? And before you eat the other half call your significant other, daughter, relative, friend or someone you live with and promise them the other half :laugh: that way you won't eat it all. :wink: I usually do that with my boyfriend, I promise him to give him half or a portion of what I want to eat if it's crazy high in calories so I don't eat it all, because he gets so disappointed when I break food promises to him that it's heartbreaking LOL.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options

Doing a quick calculation on IIFYM using your stats, looks like you are eating under your BMR. Perhaps this is part of why you have this cycle? Just some food for thought (no calories needed!). :tongue: