Not losing, please help

Options
Hi All! :)
So I'm new here. I am a 22 yo female and I am currently 128lbs and would like to get to at least 120. I have tried the past 2 weeks to lose weight on my own and it just has not worked. I was hoping maybe someone could point out what I am doing wrong. Please, help. I am so discouraged that this isn't working.

The first week I ate around 800 cal a day and exercised probably 4 days of the week (probably about 40min each time). The next week I ate about 1100cal a day and worked out probably 5 times (40 min again likely). I have not lost weight! I can feel the fat on my stomach still and I just don't get it. Should something not have happened yet?

I am logging my food on here now. I am feeling pretty weak though so I think I may only do 20min of exercise today (I mainly do cardio. At home videos-jillian michaels cardiokickboxing, 10min solutions, running on the spot. And then some denise austin core complete videos). I sit a lot during the day, with a few 5 minute walks. Here is an idea of my day ( I try to get a lot of protein) :

Your Food Diary For:
Monday, March 10, 2014
Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Yoplait - Source Greek Yogurt - 50 Calories Peach, 100 g 50 5 0 8 30 4

50 5 0 8 30 4
Lunch
Ziggy's - Smoked Chicken Breast, 4 slices 50g 45 1 1 9 480 0
Cucumber - With peel, raw, 1 cup slices 16 4 0 1 2 2
Celery - Raw, 2 stalk large (11"-12" long) 17 4 0 1 99 2
Lettuce - Iceberg Lettuce, 3 cups 30 9 0 0 0 0

108 18 1 11 581 4
Dinner
Highliner - Wild Pacific Salmon Fillet, 1 fillet 110g 130 0 5 21 150 0
Broccoli - Raw, 1 cup, chopped 30 6 0 2 29 1
Cauliflower - Raw, 1 cup 25 5 0 2 30 2
Peppers - Sweet, red, raw, 0.5 cup, chopped 19 4 0 1 1 3

204 15 5 26 210 6
Snacks
President's Choice - Blue Menu Egg Whites, 126 g 60 0 0 14 240 0
Popcorn - Butter, 100 Calorie Bag (Orville Redenbacher Smart Pop!), 1 bag popped 100 21 3 3 0 3
Robin Hood - Large Flake Oats (Canada), 60 g 225 41 4 9 6 2
Welch's - Frozen Raspberries, 0.25 cup (140g) 18 4 0 1 0 2
Yoplait Source - Greek Yogurt - Strawberry-50 Calories, 100 g 50 4 0 8 35 4

453 70 7 35 281 11

Totals 815 108 13 80 1,102 25
Your Daily Goal 1,200 150 40 60 2,300 45
Remaining 385 42 27 -20 1,198 20
Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    are you weighing your food? because if you are really only getting between 800-1100 calories a day and working out that much you are damaging your health.

You say you are weak??? Wonder why...

You need to eat to fuel your work outs...otherwise you wont be doing them due to weakness...

As for not losing any weight...give it time because you are gonna lose eating like that...but it will be muscle and fat.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I don't know your height, but at 128 pounds you'd have to be 5 feet or shorter to be overweight. When you're trying to lose weight while already in a healthy range it's going to come off slowly. Think 1/2 pound per week. It sounds like you need to change your expectations and accept that this is going to be a longer process than you want.
  • 125KC
    125KC Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    are you weighing your food? because if you are really only getting between 800-1100 calories a day and working out that much you are damaging your health.

^^ This. You are simply not eating enough.
  • heatherwhittle2
    Options
    You definitely need more food in your diet, your body needs it for the energy. Otherwise, you are harming your body. Also, you might try intermittent fasting, it really works well to enhance fat loss.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    You definitely need more food in your diet, your body needs it for the energy. Otherwise, you are harming your body. Also, you might try intermittent fasting, it really works well to enhance fat loss.

not really...it will cause weight loss but if you aren't eating enough protien and doing resistence training you lose weight and weight =fat+muscle
  • wannaBrunnner81
    wannaBrunnner81 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't know your height, but at 128 pounds you'd have to be 5 feet or shorter to be overweight. When you're trying to lose weight while already in a healthy range it's going to come off slowly. Think 1/2 pound per week. It sounds like you need to change your expectations and accept that this is going to be a longer process than you want.

^^^^This. Cant put it any better. Patience, and you will see change.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Eat more and be patient! 2 weeks is not that long of a time. I would say definitely try to net ATLEAST 1200 calories.. Keep up the hard work and you WILL see results.
  • timmemin
    timmemin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are in a healthy weight range and need to move away from the scale. Eat a normal amount of calories and tone up. Watch your macros and try to eliminate processed foods. 800 calories and below are considered anorexic and under 1200 calories is unhealthy. Love yourself.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    eat more.
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    When I read this post, it sounded like someone who could have an eating disorder. As other posters said, 128 is a pretty healthy weight. Starving yourself to lose 8 pounds is not a healthy situation. Unless you're a professional model or athlete, there should be no rush to lose 8 pounds. If you're not a model or athlete, please don't compare yourself to pictures in a magazine. Magazine pictures are airbrushed and those people don't stay that thin year round. I know because I see them at my gym and I can tell when they're getting ready for a photoshoot. You're probably much better looking than you want to believe.

Love yourself, focus on consistent exercise and eat healthy and you'll have a body that many will envy.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Eat more real food. Lots of meat, eggs, and veggies. Lift some heavy weights (try stronglifts if you need a program). Your body will change quickly.
  • ovi212
    ovi212 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I guess I struggle a lot with trusting that increasing calories will lead to weight loss. I think over restriction has always been detrimental to reaching my goals.