Not new, but would like more MFP friends :)

Options
I am not new at this, I just don't have very many MFP friends and I would like to have more for more motivation!

My name is Dori, I'm 30, I'm 5'8 and 220lbs, trying to get healthy. That number upsets me, because when I was 190 I swore I would turn things around and never hit 200. When I hit 200, I swore I would never see that number again. When I hit 212, I decided I REALLY needed to make a change, and I vowed that would be my highest weight. Well, a year later, I am 220 and I am getting tired of making and breaking the same promise to myself over and over.

It's time for change and I am going to make this happen! The number motivates me as much as it upsets me, maybe even more so.

I am looking to surround myself with motivated, positive people, at any stage of their own journey! In my real life, I don't have many friends who need to lose weight, most of them are already a healthy weight. And though my family (mom, cousins and aunts) are all trying to lose weight, they are making it a competition, and I don't like that either. I don't want my progress being compared to anyone else's. So this is the place where I'm hoping to find the support system I need, as well as offer support to other people too!!!

So please feel free to add me as a friend :)

Replies

• kitkatbar972
    Options
    I'll add you :)

I'm half an inch shorter than you and my goal weight is - if my math is right... - 5lbs under yours. My diary is open to friends though I can't promise it'll always be motivating haha.
  • LULUREBEL
    LULUREBEL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have very similar stats. Feel free to add me! I'm very active on MFP and have found it has been very motivating to have friends on here.
  • emmawhite1983
    Options
    u can add me :)
  • thenewmanda
    thenewmanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • shan11180
    shan11180 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi Dori! I'm kind of in the same situation; not new to MFP, but would LOVE more pals to help me along this journey. I'll add you! :) My journal is open, but not always pretty... Nonetheless, trying my best!
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    This isn't my first time on this "Merry Go Round" (weight loss not necessarily MFP). I'm very active on MFP, tend to log everything (the good, the bad and in the case of last Wednesday, the very Ugly) and super supportive.

As the ticker shows, I've lost 39 lbs, it's been slowly (way too slowly for this person who does not have the virtue of patience) but it's been a loss and I still eat fast food and way too often take my almost 9 year old son out for burgers and fries. So I'm not a perfect, clean eater by any means! I usually am good about my choices 80% of the time.

Feel free to add me. I will look at diaries if asked for advice (and keep my diary open) and will tell you if you're eating too much or too little. My opinions are advice and I give it freely letting the person who asks for the advice to determine if they'll take it or leave it.
  • luca15306
    luca15306 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    im not new but have recently started using forums, the support from everyone is great :) add me :)
  • AmandaKnox
    AmandaKnox Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too! I'm not new either and we seem to have similar goals :)
  • SunsetSafari
    Options
    Feel free to add me :-) I too have made myself so many promises and deadlines, but have broken them time and time again. I feel for you!
  • Skylark74
    Skylark74 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Happy to add & be added as well - the more the merrier :)
  • wannaBrunnner81
    wannaBrunnner81 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, i am always happy to help others along thier journey. 33 year old man, have lost 50 pounds and have a great list of friends that help motivate me and keep me going forward. Good Luck!
  • fuzilojak
    fuzilojak Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I've got a few friends but the more the merrier. :)
  • sus49
    sus49 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Me too! I will cheer you on if you will cheer me on :smile:
  • secook326
    secook326 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    just added!
  • Eyeliner
    Eyeliner Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey, me too! Add me... I will add you! :)
  • livingfortheone
    livingfortheone Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I post everyday something fun or inspiring as I walk this journey.
    Feel free to join along!