Looking for fitness buddies!

Options
Hi! I've been lifting for a three years and am relatively active - the only thing holding me back is sticking to diet. I want to lose 25 lbs and then get stronger. Historically my weight has oscillated down 5 or 10 lbs, then right back up again, centered about 195 lbs. At 204 lbs now (I'm a student - just finished with midterms, which I allowed to wreck my diet >.<).

I plan to reflect at least weekly on this site to help keep myself on the wagon to avoid burning out after one or two months, and am looking for friends who want to receive and give encouragement or advice at any stage in working to get fit. Add me! :happy:

Replies

• NutritionallyChallenged
    Options
    I would love to encourage/harass you into sticking to a healthy diet!
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    I would love to encourage/harass you into sticking to a healthy diet!

Priceless!

I am not nearly as cute, but I promise I am at least as funny. Friend me if you'd like.
  • LayThoseBricks
    LayThoseBricks Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OMG whereswaldorf. You pretty much posted my life's story.
    I go down 5 - 10 pounds and then pop back up. I am great for 2 months and then I just fall off. I don't understand why. I think it happens on the weekends. Recently, I quit drinking. I had no idea the extra calories I packed on when drinking. I am implementing a plan now to drink as much water as I can, keep myself in check with this: http://www.everydayhealth.com/infographics/smart-portions-your-plate/
    and stick to my calorie reduction plan that myfitnesspal created for me. I go to a great gym and workout for around 50 minutes 4 times per week with a lot of extra walking everyday on lunch break. I want to start running in the morning to boost my metabolism. I have got to conquer smaller portions at every meal and only scheduled snacks. I am the absent-minded eater!

I have felt before that being overweight is kind of like being in jail. So I am trying to think about it in that way - in jail everything is scheduled. So I will live in jail until I am paroled lol. Scheduled meals and workouts and even snacks.

One great resource for me is Joel Runyon's website - particularly this page: http://impossiblehq.com/get-disciplined-not-motivated
    That is some powerful stuff!

I am supporting you!!
    - LayThoseBricks