Intermittent Fasting - alternate days. Great results!

Options
Hello, I signed up on myfitnesspal to share my success. 12 days ago I started IF. One day I eat 500kcal only, either spread out or in one meal. The next day I eat what I like.
In 12 days I have lost 7lbs!!! My clothes fit better. I feel great. On the 500kcal fasting days there have been some mood swings and by 6pm I am getting edgy. Only one headache. The best part that has kept me going is knowing that "tomorrow I can eat what I like". I still have a pretty healthy diet, pescatarion with high protein intake from nuts, eggs, fish, cheese and sometimes suppliments. I have a job where I walk alot and I lift heavy weights at the gym on weekends.
Has anyone else tried this diet? If so what were your results?

Replies

• SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Hi, I lost 8kg in 12 weeks doing a combination of ADF ( alternate day fasting), 4:3; 5:2, calorie counting and eating in a time window of 8 hours.
    I am now close to maintenance and am doing mainly 5:2 and 6:1.
    IF or ADF is great if you want to lose weight quickly, but tricky to keep up.
    Best of luck
    Stef.
  • tpr0913
    tpr0913 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm so glad this is catching on. I posted that I was IF on calorie count website and I got called everything but a child of God. I was even told that they would kick me off of the site for promoting poor eating habits! Go figure...
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad this is catching on. I posted that I was IF on calorie count website and I got called everything but a child of God. I was even told that they would kick me off of the site for promoting poor eating habits! Go figure...

This made me laugh! I was attacked on my first post too. Apparently if you're small-boned and "skinny fat," you're a liar with an eating disorder, lol. Forums are fun.
  • zazzyrenee
    zazzyrenee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of starting 5:2 or an ADF. I actually used to do it without knowing years ago. I would eat dinner normally on Friday night and on Saturday I was so busy cleaning and cooking and doing laundry and shopping that by the time it was 8 at night I was looking for dinner and had a normal meal. I starting thinking about doing this not only for the weight loss results but for the health benefits as well. I know a lot of people are saying this is NOT healthy, but I beg to differ. I watched Eat, Fast and Live Longer and they show the benefits which is decreased Igf1 - which is a cancer growth hormone and diabetes risk factor. People on the ADF also lowered their cholesterol and increased their HDL, even though they might be consuming not so good foods on their feed day - AND the researcher said specifically that it didn't matter whether the subjects ate low fat or high fat, their results were the same. To me those are all health benefits. How about growing some new brain cells, yes growing brain cells - at least the mice did when they were on an ADF diet. Who wouldn't want to have a few more brain cells, especially as we age. I think this plan will work great for me. Good luck with it. Hope you have some healthy results. :smile:
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Congratulations

I am doing 5:2 and love it! It is so nice to say - oh i can eat that tomorrow