POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME

Options
If you have this condition you know it's extremely difficult to lose and keep weight off! Is there a group for this and if not let's make one!!!:smile:

Replies

• thom10034
    Options
    I agree
  • kerinick
    Options
    agreed. i'm dealing with this too :(
  • snutley84
    snutley84 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ditto! I have it and don't know much about it
  • jalovec
    Options
    Sounds good. How do you start and continue a group?
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    I've got it too
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS and have it under control finally.
  • meghaneileen816
    meghaneileen816 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Look into it! It affects so much! We're supposed to be on a GI index diet. The internet it a wonderful thing,, Educated yourself!!! =)
  • meghaneileen816
    Options
    And I don't know how we do it but I'm going to look into it, guys!
  • Grokette
    Options
    Look into it! It affects so much! We're supposed to be on a GI index diet. The internet it a wonderful thing,, Educated yourself!!! =)

Actually a very low carb diet either eliminating or severely limiting grains, beans, legumes and dairy will virtually make all the symptoms go away.

I have been on a low carb plan for the past 7 years and it is the ONLY thing that works.
  • meghaneileen816
    Options

Actually a very low carb diet either eliminating or severely limiting grains, beans, legumes and dairy will virtually make all the symptoms go away.

I have been on a low carb plan for the past 7 years and it is the ONLY thing that works.

GI is carbs =)
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well. I was just "offically" diagnosed this past Tuesday (12/07/10).

My Dr told me the number one most effective treatment was to lose weight and I was already on the right track with that part...although it's been a slow process.
  • MartyDiller
    MartyDiller Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with this as well like 4 years ago and had no idea I was supposed to be on a specific diet! They told me if I lost weight it would correct itself. I'm thinking I need to research more than they have told me!
  • Grokette
    Options

GI is carbs =)

I know that the GI index are carbs. Women with PCOS should only be eating on the very low end of the GI Index, hence the reason I said to severely limit or remove grains from the eating plan.

I know what works - for all of you that have been recently diagnosed and are struggling, I have been there and done that. I am here for support if you need someone to lean on.