Feelin' like SUBWAY...

Options
OLP76
OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
I'm tired of havin' a salad for lunch...Hubby is gettin' off work soon...

Anyone have any ideas what to order at Subway?

Replies

• paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I always get a footlong veggie (no cheese), but that's a lot like salad, so if you're tired of salad, that won't exactly work. The 6" roast chicken on wheat is good - add lots of veggies on top! They have nutrition info on their website so you can pretty much figure out what you can eat within your personal guidelines from there.
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I always go with 6" turkey sub, no cheese, and load the veggies on..
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    They also have their under 6grams of fat subs as well.
  • SkierElle
    Options
    I love subway, the new brekky sandwich is great (the english muffin one) for like 170 cals, but for a sandwich, definitely the turkey/ham on the wheat. the flat bread may look intriguing but the wheat's probably better. I cant skip the cheese, but def skip the mayo and salt!
  • OLP76
    Options
    I just looked online on subway...The Sodium kinda scared me...But thanks for the idea, now my salad doesn't look to bad :P ...but who knows, I just may have my 'cheat meal' two days in advance :)...much appreciated :)
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm having for dinner! I would stick to a 6" sub because there is SO much sodium in the bread.

I get 6" oven roasted chicken on wheat (it's the lowest cal bread), no cheese (save 50 or so calories), lettuce, tomato, green pepper, black olive and sweet onion sauce. The sweet onion sauce adds about 40 calories and about 7g of sugar, but I think it's SO much more satisfying that way. So I'm not tempted to come home with the meatball sub (the worst sub they make!!).
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    YES! sodium is sky-high, so becareful and drink lots of water
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    I had that for lunch yesterday. I get a 6" wheat, no cheese, either beef or turkey, loads of veggies, oil and vinegar!
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I always go with 6" turkey on wheat, no cheese w/ spinach leaves, tomatoes, cucumbers, banana peppers & vinegar. Sometimes mustard, but no matter how much I emphasize "a little bit of mustard" I end up with AT LEAST 4 tablespoons....so a lot of times I just leave it off. I've occasionallly ripped off the top part of my bread for an openfaced sandwich, cutting your bread cals & sodium in half...
  • Keltraylor
    Options
    Im addicted to subway- 6 in veggie wheat, toasted with prov chesse, veggies and extra banana peppers, salt and pepper and a little oil and vinager for flavor :) FYI: their wheat bread has fewer calories than there flatbread!
  • OLP76
    Options
    All these answers, are makin' me drool...lol. I have some ideas, thank so much everyone :D ...
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Due to going to work/school and having no time in between on Thursdays-I get a footlong sub, and eat it for lunch and then dinner. This way, it is better for me calorie wise. It is terrible for sodium, but honestly-it is either this or eat McDonalds or something, so I am much happier about this decision. I always figure-whatever works-go for it.
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    if you look at subways nutrition table at the bread - the 6" italian (white) bread has less calories and sodium than the 9 grain wheat! And less than the flatbread!
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    if you look at subways nutrition table at the bread - the 6" italian (white) bread has less calories and sodium than the 9 grain wheat! And less than the flatbread!

yes but the whole wheat is more caloric dense. More fiber and better for you. It takes your body longer to break it down versus that processed white bread...

Calories mean little, it's the KIND of calories.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    i like the flatbread with turkey lower on calories.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    YES! sodium is sky-high, so becareful and drink lots of water

Last night I was there, and they asked me if I wanted salt.

"No thanks, there's already enough in there."

I can feel my book pressure go up when I see people get extra salt poored over their sub. How is that possibly worth it?!
  • little_ali
    Options
    I always get a 6" tuna on Italian Herbs & Cheese and all the salad I can get :) mmmmmm
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options

yes but the whole wheat is more caloric dense. More fiber and better for you. It takes your body longer to break it down versus that processed white bread...

Calories mean little, it's the KIND of calories.

NOT TRUE!!!! All subway breads are made with ENRICHED FLOUR! That's right. . .the "9 grain wheat" bread is just non bleached white bread.

I only get the wheat bread because it toastes and tastes better to me.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Instead of asking us for toppings since we don't know what you like add your fav sub on this website including all veggies and dressings to get the most accurate calorie quote.

http://www.eddieoneverything.com/nutrition_info/calculators/Subway_calorie-calculator

Veggie sub is the best if you are watching sodium or chicken breast is decent compared to ham which is sooooooo high in sodium (I believe its about 3000 a foot long). The chicken breast is on the $5 menu in the states but on the premium menu $8.99 in Canada so it depends on where you are located for the best deal.

Ps: what’s up with the USA not having BBQ sauce at subway? Even in the southern states where BBQ sause in king. Thought that was weird but I do like how the US has spinach as a vegetable/topper option.
  • rbailey1983
    Options
    You can take the middle out of the bread to cut the carbs down.