What the heck am I doing wrong?

Options
I JUST CANT BELIEVE I LOST ONLY ONE POUND IN FOUR WEEKS. I just wanna cry and i feel anger at myself.
Im supposed to eat 1200 calories and I started my weighloss journey October 2013 from 155 pounds to 123 pounds currently.My breakfast would be one cup of Go Kashi Lean berry crunch and one cups of 2% milk and coffee with a tablespoon of.honey. FOR LUCJ I would eat 2 slices of whole wheat bread with two scrambled eggs and for snacks I would vary. Sometimes a Larabar peanut buttee choco chips , Chobani Yogurt fruit in the botom with a fruit , or sometimes a spoon of peanut butter with fruit, figs , or almonds. It would be two of those snacks about 200 cals.For dinner I would eat fish with brown ricee or whole wheat bread or i would have lentil curry with half cup of brown rice. This would.all be around 1200.calories .I doing Body Revolution by jillian michales and now have added ten minute of abs everyday . Im currently 5'6 and need to get to 115 before this big event.

Replies

• HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories back?
  • FaileAybara
    FaileAybara Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm a noobie around here, but I was wondering, are you eating back your exercise calories? If you are eating 1200 and not eating back your exercise you may have slowed down your metabolism.

Also, from what I understand it is harder to lose the lower you get down.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food on a food scale?

If not, you could be eating more than you think.
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Your goal may be too low and unrealistic.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I've been here since April 2013 and I've lost a total of 8 lbs.

Don't get discouraged. Keep your eye on the prize and keep at it.
  • minaz101
    minaz101 Posts: 13
    Options
    No I dont but I never did and I always lost a healthy amount of weight which is four pounds a month
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    Have you been keeping measurements of yourself? Muscle, water retention, etc etc (you know) can interfere with your progress as far as the scale goes. It's not really a good idea to choose a precise goal weight, for that reason. Unless you're in a sport and need to be in a certain weight class or whatever, you should realistically give yourself a little room to fluctuatr.. You could also probably benefit by a restart diet at this point! Bump up your intake to 1800-2500 then lower it back to 1200 again.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    No I dont but I never did and I always lost a healthy amount of weight which is four pounds a month

You have such a little amount to lose, it's not going to go that quick
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    At 5'6", 1200 calories isn't enough fuel - especially with exercise!

We see this on the message boards all the time - eat 1200, don't eat back exercise cals (which you SHOULD be doing, especially at 1200 a day), lose for awhile, and then everything comes to a screeching halt. A happy, well-fueled and exercised body is great at shedding fat, feeling great, and being strong. An under-fueled over-worked body is good at giving you problems and results you don't want. Common problems are stalls in weight loss, hair loss, brittle nails, grouchy/moody, tired, no energy to workout, and so on. Eat too little for too long and the body slows the metabolism to match the low intake, making it necessary to eat lower and lower cals in order to lose.

Food is FUEL! MFP is designed that you eat back your burned exercise cals! The daily goal has you at a deficit (as I said, especially at 1200) before exercise - you could eat all 1200 cals every day, do zero exercise and you'd still lose weight (at least for awhile, then you might still run into the problems I listed above). Burning more cals through exercise leaves you with a cavernous deficit, way too large, and leads to the problems you are having now.

Have you adjusted your goals or changed settings since losing what you have so far? Likely your calorie needs have changed as your body has changed. You don't have as much to lose now, so losses will be slower, and your weekly loss goal should only be a half to a pound per week at the most.

Eat your calories (all of them), drink water, exercise, take rest days, get good sleep. Weigh and measure foods and record calories in and out as accurately as possible. And have patience.
  • minaz101
    minaz101 Posts: 13
    Options
    What tool can I use to recalculate my calories again ? :-) u give me some hope
  • AmyRhubarb
    Options
    What tool can I use to recalculate my calories again ? :-) u give me some hope
    Go to the Settings tab at the top of the page, and then select Update Diet/Fitness Profile, and make any changes as needed. The weekly loss goal is at the bottom of that page. :smile:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    you lost thirty pounds in five months and you are complaining? That is like 1.5 pounds a week ….
  • jillmiddlewood
    jillmiddlewood Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong?? I have been doing this mfp for 7 weeks now and although I have lost some weight, I gained it all back somehow....I eat the calories that have been set for me, I work out 5 days a weeks for 30-45 min the gazelle and elliptical machine....I do eat my burned calories "sometimes"...so really, I don't know what else to do....PLS HELP. I need to lose 75 lbs
  • AmyRhubarb
    Options
    I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong?? I have been doing this mfp for 7 weeks now and although I have lost some weight, I gained it all back somehow....I eat the calories that have been set for me, I work out 5 days a weeks for 30-45 min the gazelle and elliptical machine....I do eat my burned calories "sometimes"...so really, I don't know what else to do....PLS HELP. I need to lose 75 lbs
    You'll probably get a better response if you start your own topic with your questions. :smile:
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    you lost thirty pounds in five months and you are complaining? That is like 1.5 pounds a week ….

this
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    May I ask what kind of event requires you to be 115? If you want definition/tone, try some strength training.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    At 5'6" you're already at a good weight. I think it's going to be very difficult for you to get down to 115, and you probably wouldn't be able to maintain it.
    Why 115? If it's about clothes fitting, do more exercise, especially toning/weight training.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I am curious as to what event requires you to be such a low weight for your height.
    Please don't tell me it is a party or a vacation or somesuch as that is certainly not a good motive.
    In fact, I cannot think of a good motive right now when you could take up strength training and transform your body without needing to lose a single Ib.
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    As you get closer to a goal weight the game changes. Weight is a great measurement for general indication when you have plenty to lose! As you get towards an ideal weight I recommend tracking BMI accurately measured with calipers not by a bio metric scale or online calculator. Make this your new tracking goal and don't worry about the weight so much sure keep tracking it but this number in isolation only tells a part of the overall story - inches is another thing you can measure but BMI is in my opinion a great gauge and is just one number to monitor.