Cereal preferences?

Options
ovi212
ovi212 Posts: 145 Member
I'm looking to buy cereal but I'm not sure what kind is best. I'm thinking something high fibre and protein for the lowest calories. Any ideas?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I like my fruit loops but you probably wont go for that. Mind you I have 2 servings with skim milk and a piece of whole wheat toast and butter with bacon to get my protien in.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I've recently been hooked on Kashi Go Lean (original). It packs quite a bit of protein, although it is mostly soy protein, if that matters to you.
  • aimladuke
    aimladuke Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love most of the Kashi go lean cerals (the berry crisp one is my absolute favorite). Try it with unsweetend almond milk and it truely feels like a treat.
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    the kashi go lean crunch honey almond flax, cinnamon crumble, triple berry crunch, plus the original. all great. i tried the vanilla clusters and just didnt have the taste i was hoping for.
  • ratchet2
    ratchet2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Shredded Wheat or Cheerios
  • KoopaSix
    KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Shredded Wheat or Cheerios

^

Also, Fruity Pebbles as my refeed cereal
  • cqoconnell
    cqoconnell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do one serving of Grapenut Flakes and one serving of Special K Protein with 1/2 cup organic skim milk. This covers a good portion of my fiber, iron, and protein for the day.
  • mortaleyez
    mortaleyez Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love eating Honey Nut Cheerios in the morning w/ a splash of vanilla almond milk.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Weetabix 2 biscuits with hot skimmed milk and a sprinkle of brown sugar and cinnamon. Porridge Oats, Nestle Maple and Pecan Crisp and Nestle fitness.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Fruity pebbles or Captain Crunch. They both tend to cut the roof of your mouth but the sugary goodness makes it easy to overlook that fact.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Golden Grahams :P but I usually eat my cereal as a snack. like when I want something sweet to munch on. Vector is actually a pretty good full meal cereal. it's a little high in calories but it's got a fair amount of protein if I remember correctly. And it doesn't taste terrible. But like I said, I'd go for Reeses Puffs or Golden Grahams any day of the week
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love most of the Kashi go lean cerals (the berry crisp one is my absolute favorite). Try it with unsweetend almond milk and it truely feels like a treat.
    The berry crisp is my go-to cereal...it's so good!!!
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    We used to get all kinds and then we realized that raisin bran is everybody's favorite (family of 5) and it's got a lot of fiber, so we just buy the giant bag every week. We also have granola to stir into Greek yogurt.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously in love with Vanilla Chex cereal! Try it (:
  • ghostsnstuff
    ghostsnstuff Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just have a cup of Cheerios and 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk, ends up being 130 calories. Yum.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    For protein, GoGo Quinoa Puffed Cocoa Quinoa -- 22 g protein per 45 g serving (170 cals). Gluten free (not that I care), organic and vegan.

But my favourites have to be the Nature's Path Sunrise Crunchy Maple and Crunchy Vanilla. Also gluten free and organic. (I have a friend who does the gluten free thing, that's how I end up in those stores, lol) Not so great for protein but you get a 30 g serving for 110 cals.

I don't even eat breakfast, but I'll have one of those on the weekends around lunchtime.
  • dlbredesen
    dlbredesen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Multigrain Cheerios mixed with whatever flavor of yogurt I'm in the mood for.
  • michellewong699
    michellewong699 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I really love Heart to Heart.....

but my boyfriend tells me tastes like cardboard to him (I think he's nuts but.......)
  • brandiegirl16
    brandiegirl16 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Shredded Wheat
    Wheat Germ
  • lardbut1960
    lardbut1960 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal or Red River, its cold here!
    Cheerios,