Lunch Time Small Victory

Options
Having lunch with Mom today..she suggested Panera. I've spent 30 minutes planning what to order to not blow my day and I've done it. Chicken Cobb Salad, No cheese, no bacon and substituting the light buttermilk ranch for the high cal dressing they usually use (250 cals and not bad or carbs and fat at all!) :happy: .

The person I was 4 months ago would never have taken the time to find a healthy option ahead of time and would have ordered a chicken salad sandwich for over 600 cals and eaten it :sad: !

Progress like this feels pretty amazing :-) :happy:

Just wanted to share my lunch victory

Replies

• SkierElle
    Options
    Good job!! Panera is my FAVORITE place ever. I love how their website is so easy to go on and find the calories. Also I love that I can get an apple instead of a baguette.

I used to get the chicken frontega all the time but recently I've been opting for the healthier soups and salads!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Love the chopped chicken cobb. I usually drop the bacon, but keep the cheese and switch out the greek dressing for 1/2 portion of balsamic vinaigrette. deliciousssss
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Bravo! The online nutrition information is so helpful for making better choices, sometimes the calorie counts are quite frightening...
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Well done! With a little planning, we MFPers can eat ANYWHERE!

Charmagne
  • mroberts0918
    mroberts0918 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! :smile:
  • MandiPandi757
    MandiPandi757 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I've been doing that too. You can go on any major restaurants website now and find the nutrition content for their food. When I know I'm gonna go out to eat somewhere, I always plan what I'm gonna eat now. It's very handy to have internet access for this reason. It's funny cause I will also look at what I usually would've ordered before I made my lifestyle change, and the calorie counts on my usual dishes are quite scary. :smile:
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I was looking at their calories the other day and was blow away by the brocolli cheese soup. My before person...LOL..ordered it thinking I'll just have a cup of soup...WOW too many calories!! My husband a bit irritated with me at times because I like to plan what I'm having and before we would just pick a place the family wanted to go and go!!! Now, I have to figure out my meals ahead of time, but he sure likes me losing weight!!! He will just have to deal with it!!!
  • cherfurr
    Options
    I love Panera and like that the calories are now right on the menu. Tomato Basil soup was my favorite till I saw the calories it has!! Thanks for the tips on what to order there. Friday's is also one of my favs - any tips on what to order there??
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!