Green smoothie

Options
I'm after some green smoothie recipes. Does anyone have any they could recommend? :laugh:

Replies

• tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My favorite green smoothie is a mixture of spinach and kale, apple, frozen mango, chia seeds, hemp hearts and happy planet coconut water with mango juice.
  • FitStelley
    FitStelley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just put 2 handsful of kale and/or spinach, 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 cup of frozen berries (or frozen banana), and 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder into my blender and enjoy my green smoothie for breakfast.
  • capi99
    capi99 Posts: 21
    Options
    Since I am trying to limit my sugar intake, I tend to add spinach, kale, ginger, parsley, flax seed, almond milk (no sugar added) and add a protein power (24% protein), you could add a low fat greek yogurt to it. If you have to add fruit, stick to berries (antioxidants).
  • kimi80
    kimi80 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thank you all! I've never tried one before so will have a go at them all. Looking forward to it :)
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty simple: 1 c. unsweetened vanilla almond Silk, 1 handful baby spinach, 1 banana, 1 tbsp ground flaxseed, 1 cup frozen fruit (usually a mix of strawberries, pineapple, peach and honey dew melon), and a bit of water to get the right consistency.
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Mine was:

Kale
    Mango
    Grapes
    Green tea (chilled)
  • Kimmers411
    Kimmers411 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    https://www.vitamix.com/Find-Recipes/Search?sort=NAME&cat=Smoothies

I have a Vitamix blender, and their website has a lot of recipes.