ACAI BERRY 14 day CLEANSE

Options
Brady_
Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
Hi Loves!

So I just bought the Acai Berry 14day cleanse, I was wondering if anyone had some personal stories/reviews about it?

I have had...."back up" issues for a long time now, I was gonna see a colon/intestinal doctor but haven't gotten in yet. I

Yes I do eat enough fiber, I have taken fiber pills, I have taken laxitives and all that sometimes doesnt even work.

So my next step is trying this, I still want to see a doc because I wanna FIX whats wrong with me not just a temporary fix.

But anyway, im a little nervous,reluctant to taking this because i usually have 12 hour days of work/class/meetings and so on so running to the bathroom often isn't ideal, but I gotta do what i gotta do

So if anyone has an succses/ not so successful insights on this product, or any others id be happy to hear :-)

Replies

• jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    have you tried yogurt or prunes?
  • Brady_
    Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I couldnt eat a prune if i tried, and i eat yogurt yes, if laxitives dont work i doubt a type of food will unfortunatly :ohwell:
  • staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    I have the same issues. Please update and let us know how it worked. Jamaka1, I eat yogurt everyday and I still have problems.
  • AllieCatNeal
    Options
    I recommend you start on a day you don't have anything going on! I had to be near a bathroom the whole time LOL!! I couldn't even finish the whole 14 days I was so miserable. My husband had a similar experience but he stuck with it. He had some weight loss, but he was also running 40+ miles a week at the time so that could have been it too. Good luck!!
  • Swilson87
    Swilson87 Posts: 139
    Options
    Waste of money...I tried it last summer, and it did absolutely nothing!!!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I took these a long time ago. I have back up issues as well and any time I have taken cleansers I just never seem to go. This didn't help me at all. Sorry. This was my case though and it might work for you. Yogurt also does absolutely nothing for me and I drink about 16 cups of water a day so it's not that either. Prunes work for me. I have to eat about 7 or 8 and then I finally go but with cramping, but hey, at least I go, right? I've also been taking Magnesium and Flax Seed Oil Supplements and those seem to be helping some.
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    you might have a food allergy. that was a constant problem for me. i took fiber and it made me bloat and everything was worse. i took laxatives and was just uncomfortable. i would not "go" more often than every 4 or 5 days...

and then i discovered i had a gluten intolerance.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Fortunately we live in an age where science literally has no boundaries, and new treatments are upon the doorstep everyday.

One of the major causes of digestion problems is the lack of proper bacteria in your system to do the digestive work.

This amazing new treatment in the link below is REAL and it may be the best unorthodox cure for many people's problems:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/01/19/scientists-perform-fecal-transplant-treat-hospital-infection/
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Waste of money...I tried it last summer, and it did absolutely nothing!!!

DITTO!!!!!
  • Msmonnie22
    Msmonnie22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did the ACAI 14 day, it was ok. It may make yougo the first few days but it is not sustained. I have the back up issue and down about 40 grams of fiber a day and little movement. The only thing that "loosens" me is an Atkins bar and yogurt. What "frees" it is 3 tbls of Castrol Oil. It is tasteless but, gross and really works over night. I would say do it on a day off.
  • Msmonnie22
    Msmonnie22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did the ACAI 14 day, it was ok. It may make yougo the first few days but it is not sustained. I have the back up issue and down about 40 grams of fiber a day and little movement. The only thing that "loosens" me is an Atkins bar and yogurt. What "frees" it is 3 tbls of Castrol Oil. It is tasteless but, gross and really works over night. I would say do it on a day off.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I find magnesium to help some. I switched out my plain calcium to one with mag. You would think with the water, fruits and veggies we shouldn't have these issues!

Oh, a little molasses on your cereal might help..... We always "cleaned out" after grannie's molasses cookies ;)
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I couldnt eat a prune if i tried, and i eat yogurt yes, if laxitives dont work i doubt a type of food will unfortunatly :ohwell:
    Hey girl, I don't have any experience with the cleanse, and I'm not at all discouraging you from trying it; but I wanted to share my experience with you.

I have struggled severly with the same problem for years. And like you, NOTHING I tried worked. Milk of magnesia...nothing. Psyllium husk....nope. Flax seed, flax oil....the list could go on. I took Accutane 11 years ago, and I think there is a serious connection.

For awhile I've been noticing that when I eat bread, or anything with wheat, I have trouble immediately. So I believe for myself, this is a huge key.

The next step was realizing that a woman needs approx. 25-30 grams of fiber per day. Okay, cool. That would be the AVERAGE woman, right? I figure 1-2 times a week does not put me in the "average" bracket. So I have experimented with AT LEAST 30 grams of fiber per day, sometimes up to 50 grams. It is absolutely imperative to drink adequate water with this amount of fiber, but when I drink 10-12 glasses a day.......guess what????!!!! It works! And I have yet to experience diarrhea from these amounts.

I focus on regularly eating foods with high fiber sources. I eat 2 tbsp of flax meal per day. Beans (prepared from dried) are a part of my daily diet as well. Eating a clean diet is absolutely necessary for me....any processed foods have a negative effect. (I don't pretend to eat 100% clean, 100% of the time. I just notice a difference when I don't.)

I'm not at all suggesting that works for me will work for you; but what I would suggest is experimenting with your body. Like you mentioned, I too wanted to find the CAUSE, and not just a temporary fix. Good luck!! I completely understand how frustrating this is!

PS My diary is open if you care to take a peek:flowerforyou:
  • BlackRose278
    BlackRose278 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I know this is a couple years old, but I would like to share what I have had:

The 14 day acai berry cleanse and the fat burn cleanse has been working for me so far. I have trouble down there too, and it does help me a lot.
  • Bella1273
    Options
    I bought the Acai Berry Cleanse today after having some issues over the last couple of days. I was very skeptical since I usually don't buy cleanses and try to do things more natural through diet and exercise. but I needed something more so tried this product. I read tons of mixed reviews, but this product is working wonders for me!!!! I took the first pills today around noon and eight hours later I started feeling the effects. I did not have to stay at home or anything crazy. It's basically like taking a "controlled" laxative. No cramping or bad discomfort. I felt immediate relief after the first go around! I decided to take one tablet tonight instead of another two because I felt no need to take two. Not sure this will help for weight loss as I don't really have a lot to lose but definitely works as a great laxative that has very mild side effects with better results. Not to mention the fact that it gave me lots of energy! It's late now but can't go to bed yet!! That might be bad:( I'm also quite small in stature; 5'0, 120lbs. And I'm 40. I usually work out about 3 to 5 days a week and I fast 1 to 2 days a week; Just to give you an idea for dosage purposes. I also ate an apple and small romaine lettuce salad with about 3. Ounces of chicken today, and a glass or two of wine for dinner. Also a piece of rye bread with sliced roast beef for lunch. About 48 carbs and 800 calories total.
  • wyonurse1
    Options
    My question for all of you: Are you getting plenty of water/fluids and are you getting enough of your HEALTHY oils? It can make a huge difference!
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    My advice is not to take it and get guidance from your doctor.