Pregnant AGAIN!!!

Options
Hello, I had my first baby 6 1/2 months ago and joined this wonderful site to loose the baby weight and so far I have been doing great. Now I find out today that I'm pregnant!!! :sad: I really dont want to gain that much weight this time around. I was wondering if I would need to change my calorie intake, like I said I want to stay in shape as much as possible even though I have not lost all of my baby weight. Does anyone know what I should do with the calories do I stay the same till my second and third trimester or do I change it now????

Replies

• steph925
    Options
    Hello, I had my first baby 6 1/2 months ago and joined this wonderful site to loose the baby weight and so far I have been doing great. Now I find out today that I'm pregnant!!! :sad: I really dont want to gain that much weight this time around. I was wondering if I would need to change my calorie intake, like I said I want to stay in shape as much as possible even though I have not lost all of my baby weight. Does anyone know what I should do with the calories do I stay the same till my second and third trimester or do I change it now????

• pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    I would talk to your doctor. You want to make sure that you are doing what is best for the baby.

Congrats :flowerforyou: and good luck.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

first...CONGRATS!!!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:

and second, I'd talk to your doctor about that....don't worry about gaining too much, if you're eating healthy and walking or whatever exercise your doctor says is fine, you'll be just fine!!! you've got the know how this time so you enjoy this blessed time!:wink:

hugs!!!
    Ali
  • AndreaMMil
    AndreaMMil Posts: 165
    Options
    Check with your OB/GYN. The old creedo tht you eat for 2 is largely false anymore. It's been proven that it's unhealthy to both you and the baby to gain more than 15 lbs. Check with your doc and he can tell you how much to increase your intake. CONGRATS!!!!!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    You have been blessed AGAIN!!!!!

Don't worry about the weight gain just worry about a healthy pregnancy.
    Go to babyfit.com
    It's just like this site but for pregnany women... and it's free.

Good luck and congrats!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    AWWWW! Congrats! I agree with everyone else, check with youor Dr first, check out babyfit.com, and I also think that weight watchers has a plan for expecting mothers. Anyhow, best wishes!

:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    My first two were 16 months apart-- and they grew up very close friends-- have a great time-- enjoy this pregnancy-- and congratulations!!! Just remember you're not really eating for two. Just eat sensibly and the weight gain should be minimal. I was able to keep it to a 15 pound gain for my last-- ummmm-- four kids. ( Only to gain like a demon afterwards out of stress-- STUPID-- )

But, worry more about staying healthy for your wee ones-- God bless-- that's super news!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou: My sister and I are 16 months apart too and we also grew up to be close friends even though she lives in Illinois and I live in Washington State. :happy:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!

And everyone has great advice - make sure you talk to your doc and babyfit.com is awesome!! Keep as active as you can and you will do just great!!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I want one! :happy:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you girlie!!!

I googled and found this information (obviously talk to your doctor, but expect something similar to this information...ish.):

How many calories should I eat?

Eating the right number of calories lets you and your baby gain the proper amount of weight. During the first 3 months of your pregnancy, you do not need to change the number of calories you are eating. Normal-weight women need an extra 300 calories each day during the last 6 months of pregnancy. This totals about 1,900 to 2,500 calories a day. If you were underweight, overweight, or obese before you became pregnant, or if you are pregnant with more than one baby, you may need a different number of calories. Talk to your health care provider about how much weight you should gain and how many calories you need.

With this being your second kiddo, you probably know most of this information, but here is the link I used and it had a bunch of other information I found interesting. It was too long to post here though.

http://www.mamashealth.com/pregnancy/pregcalories.asp
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    You should be able to continue at your current level but no increasing your exertion and as your body grows with baby you will have to take it down a level.

Of course you should absolutely talk to your doctor about your current routine and goals and your doctor will tell you any concerns they have. As far as I remember from my pregnancies and info available at this time, as long as you are gaining a normal amount of "pregnancy weight" your doctor will more than likely be happy with you for walking and staying physical. But, I am not a doc and my last baby was born 10 years ago so call your doc!

Oh..duh...CONGRATULATIONS! I guess you will be having Irish Twins...:laugh: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • georgiaj
    georgiaj Posts: 59
    Options
    just make sure to walk A LOT it makes birth so much easier and keeps your weight in check...
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    No advice...Just Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • FitMomof3
    FitMomof3 Posts: 147
    Options
    My youngest 2 are 12 months and 3 weeks apart and it is soooo fun (and hard) having them so close together. I wouldn't have it any other way, though.

I would definitely ask your dr but I would think that you will still be able to watch what you eat. Eating healthy is important at any stage in life-especially when you are pg.

CONGRATS!!
  • Rachael2179
    Rachael2179 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :happy: :flowerforyou: My two youngest boys are 12 months apart and the two oldest are 16 months apart. Both sets are very close...
  • gaelbrady
    gaelbrady Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'd agree with everyone here...check with your doctor.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

~Gael~