McDonalds.

Options
I messed up tonight. Their new Bacon Clubhouse chicken sandwich was too much for me to resist. I am ashamed. </3
Maybe tomorrow..

Replies

• fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    It's just one day. One healthy meal won't make you lose weight, just as one high calorie meal won't mess up your progress.
    You did not fail, tomorrow is a new day. You ate that food, at least enjoy it.
  • Meekipanda
    Options
    LOL! I saw that today on their sign on my way home today too. I'm not really a fan of bacon, but I love chicken sandwiches. Which is why I went home and made my own healthy version of it. :)
  • BigTireFlipper
    BigTireFlipper Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. You don't seem to log anything in your diary at all anyway. I know that sounds blunt and it's not meant to sound mean. But if you're not logging anything are you even on a plan that you can fall off from in the first place?
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    LOL! I saw that today on their sign on my way home today too. I'm not really a fan of bacon, but I love chicken sandwiches. Which is why I went home and made my own healthy version of it. :)

Not a fan of bacon? What is this language you speak? ALL HEIL THE BACON OVERLOAD...LORD...

:wink:
  • nanadayana
    Options
    I eat mc donalds and burger king every month. Especially when I'm almost broke waiting for the pay day. But I make sure that I stay in calorie deficit everytime I grab those burgers. Yum!
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    If you crave fatty/junk food, that means your diet will be hard to sustain long term.... means you're too hungry.

If you want to eat mcdonalds, eat it but just keep it within your calorie goal.

You can go eat a big mac meal with diet coke, which comes to slightly under 900kcal.

If your daily kcal intake goal is 1500kcal, you still have 600kcal to play around with.

That's plenty of veggies and lean chicken breast.

You don't have to eat healthy 24/7 . Go out, live life, don't be a slave to your diet.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    one burger wont make you fat, just like one salad wont make you thin...
  • laureneliason
    Options
    Why do you care? Usually if someone has to state "I don't mean to be rude, sound mean, or be blunt but..." They really are trying to be that way they just want any excuse to say it. Lets jump off our horse and quit stalking peoples food diaries to compare it to what they post just so we can be critical and mean!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Why do you care? Usually if someone has to state "I don't mean to be rude, sound mean, or be blunt but..." They really are trying to be that way they just want any excuse to say it. Lets jump off our horse and quit stalking peoples food diaries to compare it to what they post just so we can be critical and mean!

Relax, have a cookie. if a food diary is public then people are going to look. If someone posts about messing up then people will look at the diary to try to help. I think calling people out on not logging is not mean or crude it is called accountability and that is one of the main reasons this site works. And since this is your first post, Welcome to MFP.
  • BigTireFlipper
    BigTireFlipper Posts: 116 Member
    Options

Nice first post. Glad to meet you. You need a flower :flowerforyou:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Well, more power to the McDonald's eaters. As long as it fits in your calories, go for it. :drinker: But you can have my share. That stuff makes my bowels churn. I get a bit nauseous if I smell it as I pass by. To be fair, most fast food makes me a little sick to my stomach. :sick: That's why most of my meals are cooked from scratch at home. Don't worry, OP. One meal at McDonald's isn't going to make or break you.
  • owenmhartley
    owenmhartley Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I go to mcdonalds every weekend and pig out, seriously don't worry about it just keep plugging away
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I reached my current lowest weight the day after eating McDonalds.

((No, I don't recommend eating McDonalds for weightloss, just that McDonalds and weightloss are not mutually exclusive.))
  • shantizzlerose
    shantizzlerose Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. You don't seem to log anything in your diary at all anyway. I know that sounds blunt and it's not meant to sound mean. But if you're not logging anything are you even on a plan that you can fall off from in the first place?

I used to log on here every day, but for the past like week or two I've fallen off track logging here. But that doesn't mean I don't have an eating plan? Lol. And besides, you don't need a plan to know you've gone too far when you eat a 750 calorie sandwich, 380 calorie fries, and a sweet tea for dinner. Ha.
  • Hybrice
    Hybrice Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love McDonalds, I crave it whenever I see one - then instantly regret eating them afterwards, not because of a diet but because I know for the 1,200Kcal luke-warm-stuck-to-the-box bigmac and fries I could have had a full 12Oz steak, potatoes and green veg....and a fruit desert.

Not worth it....
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My problem with McDonalds is their lack of quality and standardization. Back in the day, the food was always hot and buns were soft. Recently, I've had to return Big Mac meals with crumbly stale buns and lukewarm fries. The employees act shocked and put out that someone is asking for better quality stuff. Who wants to consume 1k calories of bad-tasting, poor quality food? (I know this has nothing to do with OP's thread but I've been aching to publicly complain about McD's QC issues).

When you only get one Big Mac meal every so often, it has to be good.

Anyway, OP, move on. There's no "good/bad" foods, just foods to eat in moderation and anything with bacon fits that bill, IMO.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    maybe.
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    one burger wont make you fat, just like one salad wont make you thin...

+1
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    And besides, you don't need a plan to know you've gone too far when you eat a 750 calorie sandwich, 380 calorie fries, and a sweet tea for dinner. Ha.

How is that too far? That is barely 1200 calories, my BMR is already 1800.