Joining MFP

Options
So, this is my first time using my fitness pal. Hopefully this really helps me. I currently weigh 215 lbs which is not healthy for my age or height. I've been overweight my whole life. I've been picked on since kindergarten. The bullying got so bad I actually left High school to do online school in the comfort of my own home which I still do today. All the stress & anxiety really affected my daily life. I stopped wearing short sleeve shirts, tank tops, long sleeves, shorts, leggings, jeans etc.. Basically I wear hoodies and sweatpants everyday even in 100 degree weather. I have a weird body shape. The fat is just everywhere. I rarely ever leave the house because I'm scared of society I guess. People have told me my whole life not to listen to what others say but, when you've heard it from so many people for 17 yrs it really takes a toll on your self esteem & self image. I've tried so many diet routines but, I always caved in to fatty foods. I took many different diet pills, at a point they helped me go from 180 to 155 but, I gained it all back because I starved myself and once I started to eat again, I gained a lot. So, here I am today hoping to achieve my goal of 150 by the end of the year. I miss going out,having friends, wearing gorgeous comfortable clothes, looking in the mirror & smiling & loving myself & feeling great about myself. It's time for a change. Hope this helps me.

Replies

• feuerfly
    feuerfly Posts: 8
    Options
    I started 3 weeks ago at 220 and now weigh 206. I am not doing a perfect job with the food or the exercises but am happy with my progress. We have a similar amount to lose, so friend me!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    You can do it keep a positive attitude and learn as much as you can.

These are a couple of the best links you will find here, full of great information about the best ways to lose.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP the paradies for losing weight!
    I´ve struggled with my weight since puperty and could never lose it healthy. So I jojoed around most of the time. The other time I tried to accept that I will always be overweighed (The "It´s in my genes" thing)

After one week here I figured out what to eat while staying within my limits AND getting full. No starvation anymore. Even sweets are possible. It´s all about portion control. If you give it a try, MFP will teach you portion control. I´m here for 100 days and I lost 30lbs which is AWESOME!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you are serious about this! :flowerforyou: