Walking Shoes

kimmiebear70
kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone tried the shoes that have the curved sole? I bought a pair today. They felt pretty good when I tried them on and walked around a little, but I haven't tried walking a good distance yet in them. Anyone try using them for Walk Aerobics?

Replies

23435 Posts: 3
    Yes I have a pair of those shoes you have to be careful when just starting out with the shoes don't wear them all the time for example the first day wear them only for about 45 minutes if you don't your legs won't be able to take it.
  • atombud
    atombud Posts: 38 Member
    I use the sketchers brand and love them, most comfortable shoe I have worn. Actually have 3 pair now and when I go walking or jogging usually do 5 to 6 miles with no pain.
  • just got a pair of WindRiver quad comfort shoes from Marks Work Warehouse. they have the curved soles, and fitted insoles. and they fit and feel great. walking 3 miles in other shoes, caused heal, and ankle pain. with these new shoes, feel like I could walk 6 miles or more.
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 494 Member
    I wondered about that myself. I can't afford the skechers but when payless came out with their version i felt no difference now they've added new designs with the curved bottom. I'm hopin to get me some soon cuz the only gymmies i have now...SUK!
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    I bought a pair of the Danskin ones. After walking 1 mile they still felt pretty comfy. I did feel like I was getting a workout where I need it most. Lol
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    2 people in my office have them now. One is 52 yo F with bad knees from a life of athletics and she adores them, loves how comfortable it is to walk now.
This discussion has been closed.