Not hungry?!

Options
So I have been doing this for over 2 weeks, tracking, measuring & starving. I ran yesterday & today, so I have all these extra calories that I didn't have last week because I had a cold. But I am not hungry. I ate cashews because I should, I am drinking my water, but not hungry for anything.

I can honestly say that this has never ever in my life happened to me. Do I go with it not hit the minimum 1200 or force myself to eat?

Replies

• jes5ss
    jes5ss Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I have this same problem. I pick healthy foods and eat enough so that I am not hungry, but not full either. I get to the end of the day and I still have at least 150-200 calories left to eat! It's crazy.
    Sorry, I don't have any help or suggestions, but would like to know if anyone has some advice too!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    You will get different answers, some no doubt about "starvation mode"

personally if I ma not hungry I do not stuff food into me, I find it evens out over the course of a week or two, one or two days of low cals will do no harm at all, and give you a bit of leeway should you just fancy a bacon sandwich one day for instance
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have also found that I'm a lot less hungry and have pretty much no cravings since I've been dieting. Makes it a lot easier! :b I've been buying all sorts of low calorie chocolate treats etc. to be prepared for my cravings, but I haven't had to use them much yet. Huh.

There will be a lot of people to tell you never go under 1200, even for a day, but I prefer to look at weeks, and you know, maybe on friday you'll be having dinner with your friends or something and it will even out your sub-1200 days. Did for me!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Going under 1 day won't make a difference in the long run. A lot of people (myself included) balance their calories out over the week.

For instance, I have an odd schedule, so I have 1 day per week where I eat very little, and 1 day where I am awake nearly 24 hours most weeks, so I go way over on my calories.

Hasn't stopped my weight loss.
  • feistymoon
    feistymoon Posts: 152
    Options
    I find that I make up for the days I've not been hungry a couple of days later. All of a sudden I will wake up ravenous! I am a great believer in eating when you're body tells you to, not when a number says you should.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Surely this should come back soon??

God when I work out at the gym, I am starving after and can eat a horse looool! The more I workout, the more I want to eat!
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I don't think that you should ever force yourself to eat. If you are becoming more active, you need to be sure that you are eating enough to fuel your body, but take cues from your body and you should be fine. Good luck!
  • princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    No worries, look at the larger picture. You may need a few extra calories later in the week.
  • katz6910
    katz6910 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Surely this should come back soon??

God when I work out at the gym, I am starving after and can eat a horse looool! The more I workout, the more I want to eat!

^^^^ This, most of the time when I work out I could eat and eat and eat