Protein Powder

Options
arwacky
arwacky Posts: 1,653
I need help!!! I bought isopure zero carb banana cream flavor and that *kitten* tastes NASTY!!!!! I have a 3 lb container to deal with and I was hoping for some recipes to make this stuff palatable. Blahhhhh!!! Help!!!!!!!

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake
    Pancakes

That's all I got
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Try blending it with apple juice and half a banana. Chop up some ice first, then add the rest.
  • arwacky
    Options
    Thanks guys!! :flowerforyou:

I'll attempt those things.

Tomorrow's breakfast shall be plain oatmeal with a scoop of the nasty banana stuff and walnuts. Hoping it'll be slightly similar to banana nut. Haha. I hope for too much....
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I always went with vanilla, strawberry or chocolate powder in 1 percent milk. I need to get some too, i'm going with flavorless so i can just mix it into anything. I wish i'd kept the name of the brand i had.
  • arwacky
    Options
    Flavorless powder exists???? Mind blown!
  • LacieW85
    LacieW85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good luck! It sucks when you don't like it. I personally love my shakes. Hopefully you will find a recipe you like.
  • arwacky
    Options
    Good luck! It sucks when you don't like it. I personally love my shakes. Hopefully you will find a recipe you like.
    Thanks. :flowerforyou:
    I tried my friend's phase 8 cookies and cream and honestly it's worth the extra 100 calories than this nastiness sooo..I'll try to make a slight dent in this 3 lb jar and then order that one..
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Add some sugar free chocolate pudding mix to it, or whatever flavor you like. I learned that trick from a friend here after we both bought the same brand of nasty cookies & cream. Maybe even peanut butter or PB2 would save it. I think I added a half or whole tablespoon. I don't think it needed more than that.
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    mix with water, hold breath, chug, and never buy iso pure again.
  • arwacky
    Options
    Add some sugar free chocolate pudding mix to it, or whatever flavor you like. I learned that trick from a friend here after we both bought the same brand of nasty cookies & cream. Maybe even peanut butter or PB2 would save it. I think I added a half or whole tablespoon. I don't think it needed more than that.

Thank youuuu!!! :heart:
  • arwacky
    Options
    Possible..if it wasn't 3 entire lbs worth!!!

ETA: how is it possible something can taste so gross??? Blahhhhh
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have done this on many ocassions. Believe me fruit punch Beef protein is no walk in the park when mixed with Bio GRO, Raw Eggs. There are alot of bad tasting proteins out there, unfortunately they are usually the best quality.
  • arwacky
    Options
    I have done this on many ocassions. Believe me fruit punch Beef protein is no walk in the park when mixed with Bio GRO, Raw Eggs. There are alot of bad tasting proteins out there, unfortunately they are usually the best quality.
    Ughhhh just the sound of that. :sick:
    I just decided to chug and swallow my way through this cup :wink: :laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Possible..if it wasn't 3 entire lbs worth!!!

ETA: how is it possible something can taste so gross??? Blahhhhh

I bought a sample pack of Vega chocolate flavored protein, because at the time I didn't think anyone could screw up chocolate. It tasted like muddy broccoli water. There's another one for you not to try. :drinker:
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Can't return it?
  • arwacky
    Options
    Doubt it. It's opened and I got it online. I'll look at their return policy though..but it's a pretty small site I got it from so prob not..
  • amandaryan1051
    Options
    Try mixing in with some cottage cheese & honey perhaps

I use a vanilla egg white protein (MRM) and it's delicious! I put it in my green smoothies every day ????
  • arwacky
    Options
    Maybe it's an acquired taste...today it was less putrid. Lol!!! Woooohoooo :drinker: