wondering if this works??

Options
hi, I just joined this site and was wondering if anyone has any first hand success stories for a bit of motivation for me, that would be great and do you think that by being on this and talking to other people looking to loose weight has helped you??

Replies

• Tabs_A
    Tabs_A Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh this site really works! If you look at the success stories in the forums you can see alot of the before and after pics! Welcome to the site and good luck, if you stick with it you will see results!
  • idivadi
    idivadi Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!! Check out the sucess stories on the message boards--. I find them very motivational and inspiring. I know that I personally have never been able to track my calories for more than 4-5 days at a time and this site has helped me stay focused -- I have actually tracked for over 50 days. Good luck. Check out all the message boards-- lots of info and support.:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hi Conor!
    I joined the site at the pestering of my cubicle mate as a joke before I even really decided to lose weight. I logged my food and realized how I could change the smallest things. I am smaller now than the day I graduated high school (and a heck of a lot healthier). I remember only a year or two ago looking at my HS pics and longing to be that healthy and happy again. Stick with it. It's hard work, but if you plug in to the community, use the site (log food, adjust your calories to meet your goals), and integrate some exercise you can change your life. I've taken my sweet time about it (joined in May or June of 2009) but I've come along way. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.

You've got this. Just take it one step at a time. There are several of us who owe MFP our lives!
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    depends on YOU. if you log everything you eat and follow the set guidelines then yes it does work. if you eat and dont log then your only cheating yourself. good luck.

Add me if you want
  • Jazelita
    Jazelita Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't think that it's a matter of if this website works, but how hard you try. It helps a lot that its on my smart phone so i can see how many calories before I eat. It is quite helpful!
  • sdonohue
    sdonohue Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 60 pounds since I joined the site in mid-September. Prior to this I was dieting "informally", just watching what I ate and trying to be more healthy. From January to September I lost about 20. So in 9 months without the site I lost 1/3 of what I lost in 3 months with it. For me, that means dieting with the site is about 9 times more effective than dieting without it.
  • Conor12345
    Options
    also i would appreciate it if anyone did want to add me, i think a bit of motivation will encourage me not to fall back into bad habits, especially if i have to post the awful things i eat and your judgmental eyes will see it...... i joke for effect :)
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    There are several of us who owe MFP our lives!

I totally agree with this statement. MFP works if you have the determination and are willing to put in some hard work :-)
  • LanakilaGirl
    LanakilaGirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    depends on YOU. if you log everything you eat and follow the set guidelines then yes it does work. if you eat and dont log then your only cheating yourself. good luck.

Add me if you want
    I couldn't agree more! It's all about you. If you cheat your way through or skip days, it's only you that your hurting. The site works, just make sure your ready to put it all out there. It's not easy and sometimes it's embarrassing, but if your ready, your ready. Make it work for you.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    The site will do its job with or without us. You just need to be ready to be held accountible and really give it your all. The biggest thing you'll see with MFP is that what you put into it is what you get out of it. If you aren't ready to commit and do your best you are not going to see big results.

There's a ton of support and motivation on this site. From recipes to games to just about every question you've ever had regarding nutrition and fitness (even the ones you're too embarassed to ask). Join a support group on here or do it yourself, just enjoy!