i have a obsession with bread

Options
I think I have a obsession with bread !!! I can't stop eating it :(( YOU CANT beat the smell of toast cooking ... its like O_O I NEEED i go into zombie mode and totally forget im on a diet untill i realise iv eaten 3-4 slices and feel sick ... any ideas on something else I can eat instead .. and dont say them cracker bread things they are GROSSS like eating cardboard

Replies

• scorpio3322
    scorpio3322 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I eat rice cakes (tomatoe & basil) I still eat my 3 toast in the morning, I choose bread with very lite calories , whole wheat 130cals for 2 slice
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    You don't have to cut it out completely, but making it a weekly thing instead of a daily thing might help. Bread is pretty calorie dense and it can be hard to fit it into your diet every day and get enough protein and fat without exceeding your calorie limit, especially if your calorie goal isn't super high.

Have you considered telling yourself that you can have, for example, 2 slices on Saturday mornings only?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Buy bread you don't love as much. I actively avoid fresh bread for that reason. And log it before you eat it. Always log before you eat it... that way you can see clearly how it fits (or not) in your calories.
  • sandign
    sandign Posts: 56
    Options
    Bread is my weakness too. I've had to totally give it up. And gluten free bread just doesn't cut it. With recetnly being diagnosed with Diabetes T2 I found that it really spikes my blood sugar. So, short of some simple pita pockets (by Ezekial) I haven't had any bread since New Years Day. Bread and potatoes, geez I miss them. Plus it has really helped my weight loss.