Tall girls unite! (And everyone else of course :)

Height: 5'10
SW: 270
CW: 248
1GW: 199
FGW: 170-180

So three years ago, I was hard on the MFP wagon - I lost about 40 lbs. But then bam! I met my other half, and wound up comfortable and over-eating again, and my deskjob didn't help. Not only did I gain back the 40 lbs, I also gained 10 LBS ON TOP of that. I weighed myself at the beginning of January 2014 and was horrified. I had lied to myself for months, and had no idea I'd gotten that big.

Now, I've been back on the wagon for two months, and I've lost 22lbs. I don't go to the gym - I swim and I run, cuz that's what I enjoy. I eat lots of veggies and lean proteins, simple and because I love spring mix and could eat fish till I burst. Sure, I miss a big ol' Costco poutine from time to time, but not feeling bloated and gross beats cheese and gravy smothered carbs any day.

Right now, I just want to get to Onderland. That's my first goal. I'm 48 lbs away.

Right now I'm doing this with my bestie on the other side of the country, and I love her for it. But I could always use more friends who can help keep me motivated, and let me do the same for them. Especially during plateaus. Cuz plateaus SUCK.

So please, add me! And let's do this! Onederland, we're coming! :)

Replies

• Hello tall girls, I am
    ht. 6'2
    cw 280
    first goal 200
    final goal 175

I am just starting my journey, I am 48 years old and am starting to redefine my life, looking for support to keep up the momentum in diet and exercise.
  • raynedancer1308
    raynedancer1308 Posts: 4 Member
    Height: 6'0
    SW: 223
    CW: 227
    FGW: 185

Hello Hello!
    I soooo feel you on the going Hard and MFP then just screeching hault once i met my new BF. I lost 30lbs and have put on every Lb back on. I am pretty depressed about it. and cannot get motivated. How'd you get yourself back into it? I also have four kids so Time is normally against me (yes i just gave you an excuse lol)... I need to start somewhere to get back on this Wagon... i want to be excited about my Body again... oh and im 6'0 so kinda tall lol
  • hulket
    hulket Posts: 11 Member
    I finally got up the balls to weigh myself - and I was horrified. I just couldn't let myself get any bigger. I was always bloated, always feeling crappy, and I had just had enough.

I'm also going home to Halifax in a few months for the first time in over two years for a friend's wedding, and I refuse to be the fat bridesmaid. That's my solid motivation at the moment. No one likes a hot pink satin sausage in their wedding photos!
  • dakopack
    dakopack Posts: 2 Member
    I was around 230 about five years ago, then did Wieght Watchers and got down to 170, where I was pretty content. Then I got into a healthy, comfortable relationship with a wonderful man who never did (and still never) make any comment on my appearance, other than that he thinks I'm beautiful. But I let myself go and climbed right back up to where I was. My man is 3 inches shorter than me and fit, and while the height difference doesn't really bother me, when compounded as well with a substantial weight difference, I feel awkward a lot. I want to go back to being the much thinner arm candy I was before, especially because after four years of dating, as well as recent discussions, I'm pretty sure he's looking to pop the question within the next year.

Height: 5'11"
    SW: 233
    CW: 218
    1GW: 200
    FGW: 165
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    I truly wish I was 5'10 but I stopped growing upward :)
    When my weight started to creep up I joined Weight Watchers and succeeded in losing several times but I was starving myself and then always gained it back plus more when I ate normally; finally, stopped WW. Stopped all exercise, continued binge eating, no surprise, I gained more. I started MFP but then slacked off. Then I reached a surprising weight, to me, shocked at over 200, and so now I am seriously learning healthier habits, mentally and physically.

I appreciate all the threads/posters repeating the healthy rather than quick themes. And all of the struggles and successes are wonderfully inspiring.

My normal weight for decades has been around 150 but at my most fit at age 35 I was 138... Then I really was for the first time ever happy with my appearance. Right now I want to get the fat off but eventually I want muscles so it may be that 138 will prove to be too light to have the muscle mass I want. I want to be fit so that I can do chin ups and push ups, and so that I will not sink my wind surfing board when I get on it :)

Also I'm motivated by my upwardly creeping blood pressure, that is kind of the bottom line, I don't want to have a stroke.

Height 5'8.5"
    SW (MFP) 203
    CW 212
    1GW 150
    FGW 138
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    5'9"
    current weight 140
    My weight has ranged from 120-145. Weight training is my passion!! Trying to build a little more muscle on my frame. I have powerlifted, and competed in my first figure show last fall. I also have done group fitness instruction and am working toward becoming a trainer. I can definitely see a difference from much better eating habits, this has taken me years to work toward! I can say I definitely feel much better eating "real" foods and much better energy.I can say it is more a lifestyle toward being healthy!!

Great job to you all on your progress- stay motivated!! It takes small steps!
    Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Height 5 ft 8in
    Current wgt 204
    Target wgt 180
    Target date 3 months

Let's motivate each other. I have my husband, my daughter in law and my girlfriend. We are encouraging each other. I need to get rid of this spare tire.
  • mrsjatodd
    mrsjatodd Posts: 4 Member
    Yaaay! Tallies!! Is it weird I get excited when I meet or see other tall women? :D We're so rare!

Height: 5'11
    SW: 231
    CW: 194
    GW: 170

Add me for motivation!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Hello fellow Tall Girls! :)

Height: 5'9"
    SW: 220
    CW: 212
    GW: 175

I'm currently on medication that I've gained about 8 lbs on....so it's definitely not helping with the whole "getting into shape" thing. However, I've learned that how my clothes fit is more important to me than what the number on the scale says. I've actually put my scale away so that I don't look at it!!
  • stackhead
    stackhead Posts: 121 Member
    Hello fellow tall girls!

Height: 5"11
    SW : 303lbs
    CW: 239lbs
    GW: 180lbs (I think)

Feel free to add me if you want a tall friend :D
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Tall girl here!

5'11"
    SW: 298
    CW: 273
    1GW: 220
    FGW: 175-180 (will adjust this as I get closer probably)

Feel free to add me! Always looking for more friends who are about my same size!
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    I'm a tall girl, too! And I'm married to a shorter guy. I don't wear heels, but that has nothing to do with my height. I'm too much of a tomboy, so I never learned how to walk in them!

I'm still not sure what my goal weight will be. According to the BMI chart, I should be between 136 and 184. That seems way too low.

SW: 251
    CW: 237
    FGW: 185?

Feel free to add me!
  • Hi! I'm 48 and 5'8" (so I'm barely tall.) Three years ago I lost 48 pounds, but have officially put it all back on and then a little. So, I am looking for any motivation I can get, and would love to be in a group for support. :smile:

SW: 220
    CW: 218
    FGW: 160
  • I am tall and proud! 5' 10" , 143 lbs. I had always been a bean pole then hit 39 started gaining and blamed it on age. Found out I was intolerant of wheat, got off wheat...it helped but everything finally righted with me and my weight when I went off all grains. Now I am almost at my goal weight of 140 lbs. and have never felt better ... makes me stand a little taller too! Feel free to add me!
  • lucymay6
    lucymay6 Posts: 4
    OMG my PEEPS!

So nice to meet some fellow amazons. I am 5'11" Managed to keep my weight under 200 until I had 2 kids. And haven't been able to get my weight under 200 since the second one. My heaviest was 245. Currently I'm 215. Hoping someday to get to 185. Nice to meet all of you!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    The air up here IS nice, thank you.

I'm 5'9" but I don't avoid the heels. Mother of three. Former smoker (for 32 years, I might add).

SW 200
    CW 185
    GW 150
  • zaina510
    zaina510 Posts: 31 Member
    hello everyone

i am 5'10 - age 25
    SW - 178
    CW - 154
    GW - 140

i have been at 175-178 for good last 2-3 years.. decided to change that and get into better shape!

trying to eat better and workout more these days and have lost 22 pounds since December 2013.

sugar and chocolate is my problem :( but i am trying to work on it these days.

feel free to add me :). we can all help motivate eachother!
  • amberbabb26
    amberbabb26 Posts: 94 Member
    Hey everyone!

6"2
    Sw 227
    CW 176
    Goal weight in the 170s so I'm there!
    Now just building muscle by lifting. Girls you all can do it!
  • mmcdonald700
    mmcdonald700 Posts: 116 Member
    Hey guys, I'm 5'10" and just trying to get off the 20-30 lbs and about 4 pant sizes I gained over the last 5 or so years. Down about 16 so far, going for another 10-15/size 6 pants! My heaviest was 184 lbs last summer, and I got down to 175 by just eating a little better and moving more in the fall.

SW (Jan 2014) 175.5
    CW 159 (still can't believe I'm in the 150's right now)
    GW 150
    FGW 145?? (Depends on how it looks!)
  • Height: 5'11
    SW: 232
    CW: 222
    1GW: 200
    FGW: 175-180

I am trying for a lifestyle change. So far I have really surprised myself with the will power I have shown! Gotta keep at it though, and it wouldn't hurt to have someone to lean on when I need support!